MTM -- external power switch ok?

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

MTM -- external power switch ok?

Postby Kinketsu » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:44 am

Hi,

I love the sound of my MTMs so far. I don't love the power switch.

Do these have to be powered up and down via that switch? i.e. does anything special happen? Or is it just fine to leave the power switch engaged, and switch these on and off by e.g. the power switch on a power bar?

Thanks,
K
Kinketsu

Re: MTM -- external power switch ok?

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:19 pm

That is fine. That is how I power things in my home studio. Just make sure the order in which you turn things on does not cause any pops or similar. For me, that means turning on the audio interfaces first mostly. Since i have three of those daisy-chained and other gear to go on first I call it "powering up the Space Shuttle" :D
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Kinketsu » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:43 am

Hi Peter,

Hahaha, well said :D ... Thanks for confirming!

K
Kinketsu

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:28 pm

Kinketsu wrote:Hi Peter,

Hahaha, well said :D ... Thanks for confirming!

K

No problem! Enjoy your own Space Shuttle (I should probably update my space travel reference to be more current) experience.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers