MTM randomly cutting out

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

MTM randomly cutting out

Postby bobbyhinson » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:07 pm

I've had a pair of iLoud MTMs for a couple of weeks now. As of a few days ago, I started noticing one of them temporarily cutting out and the white light on the front flashing for a second. Then the sound will return.

When this happens, the input signal isn't clipping.

I've tried dialing back the output volume from the monitors from 100% to 50%. I've tried switching from +4 to -10 (and back). And I've now completely reset the monitor.

It still does this for no apparent reason.

Have I just gotten a bad monitor?
bobbyhinson

Re: MTM randomly cutting out

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:01 pm

If you are sure all of the connections are secure and the cables you are using are good, please open a ticket with IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support for direct and official support if you have not done so already. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bobbyhinson » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:03 pm

Hi Peter.

Will do.

Thanks.
bobbyhinson

Postby qwertyboo » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:56 am

Hi, I recently acquired a pair and I started having the exact same issue on one of the speaker... Did it get resolved ?

Ill try a different power chord in the mean time.

Just curious if I need to also open a support ticket.
qwertyboo

Postby bobbyhinson » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:24 pm

Yeah. I'd recommend going ahead and opening a warranty claim. Good luck.
bobbyhinson

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:14 pm

bobbyhinson wrote:Yeah. I'd recommend going ahead and opening a warranty claim. Good luck.

I'm sure luck is not necessary. IK Support handles warranty claims effectively and as necessary and I'm sure they will in any legitimate warranty claim situations going forward. Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DirtCreature » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:49 am

this is happening to me as well and i dont have the serial number card anymore, and i think ive owned them for over a year, am i just screwed or? this is obviously a defect considering only one is doing it...
DirtCreature

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:48 pm

DirtCreature wrote:this is happening to me as well and i dont have the serial number card anymore, and i think ive owned them for over a year, am i just screwed or? this is obviously a defect considering only one is doing it...

IK Support would be able to answer all of these questions for you and assist you with your issue via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers