Sound suddenly died?

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

Sound suddenly died?

Postby michel-slm » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:37 pm

I ordered a pair of iLoud MMs on June 28th, and they arrived on July 3rd. They worked just fine until last night -- I mostly use Bluetooth (the supplied audio cable couldn't reach my laptop stand, since it's to the right of my external monitor) but tried the audio cable as well, and even tried using both at the same time.

As of last night I could stream over Bluetooth just fine. This morning -- nothing. The light still turns on, and to all appearances everything is fine (I could pair over Bluetooth, I could connect previously paired devices). Just... no sound. I tried forgetting the speakers and pairing again following the instructions in the manual (first turn down the volume to -INF, which I previously never did). Still nothing.

Tried disconnecting the right speaker, in case something's wrong with the proprietary cable.
Tried connecting the 1/8"-to-RCA cable. no sound.
Tried turning the device off and on again. no sound.
Tried disconnecting the DC adapter completely, waiting a bit, then connecting. Still nothing.

At some point I see the light changing color to red, but it's only for a few seconds, I think, and I'm not sure what's causing it.

Filed a ticket - #2380518 -- but meanwhile, is there a way I can try doing a full hardware reset or something else, to see if that fixes the issue?

It's still within the return period with Amazon, but I'd hate to have to do this -- on the other hand if there's no quick fix, it's a bit scary having speakers that could potentially die on me unpredictably.

Thanks!
michel-slm

Re: Sound suddenly died?

Postby CatherineL202111 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:52 am

I have the same speakers, no problems with them. Interestingly, have you found the reason?
CatherineL202111

Re: Sound suddenly died?

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:50 pm

For issues like this, you would need to contact IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers