Best cables for connecting iLoud Micros to interface?

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

Best cables for connecting iLoud Micros to interface?

Postby jeffdavis » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:43 am

Hope this isn't a dumb question, but I just got some iLoud Micro monitors and realized I didn't have cables that would connect to my audio interface. I have a Tascam UH-7000 which has balanced outs on XLR Male jacks. The only cable included with my monitors is an 1/8" to RCA doodad. What's the best way to connect these things? RCA or 1/8"?

If RCA, I'm guessing I'd need a pair of XLR female to RCA male jacks? Would there be any problems going balanced to unbalanced? Thanks in advance! :)
jeffdavis

Re: Best cables for connecting iLoud Micros to interface?

Postby jeffdavis » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:15 pm

Guess this isn't the place to ask a simple question, LOL. Thanks anyway...
jeffdavis

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:44 pm

This forum is for user-to-user discussion. Sorry to hear that other users haven't chimed in to answer your question. You should be fine with cables that have the proper connections on either side and RCA vs 1/8" on the iLoud side will not be any great difference in audio quality at all.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jeffdavis » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:47 pm

Awesome! Thank you, Peter :)
jeffdavis

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:05 pm

jeffdavis wrote:Awesome! Thank you, Peter :)

You're welcome! I have one pair connected to one of my PCs where I use both inputs (not simultaneously though I really just haven't tried that) and I don't notice a difference at all so there's also some real-world data for you :)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Jcondo2 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:36 pm

Ok, so similarly I should be able to run a dual 1/4 inch from the main out of my Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD into the iLoud micros 3.5 mm input for recording purposes? The RCA to 3.5mm works fine, but only for playback out of this interface. Thanks!
Jcondo2

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers