Irig micro amp

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

Irig micro amp

Postby jonwneale » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:58 am

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post - there doesn’t seem to be an amp section.

The amp is great and the sound quality and volume is amazing.

But, unfortunately I have some teething issues:

Doesn’t work with iPad Pro or MacBook where there is usbc connection - I am using micro usb to usb which came with the amp and connecting to the iPad Pro using official usb to usbc adaptor. Works with iPhone.

The amp doesn’t come with a power supply - it does state what you need to get but is confusing showing 9-15v. - I’m assuming 9v gives you 7.5w equivalent to using batteries and 15v gives you full output? It would be great to have clarity.

Also I’ve realised that it’s not easy to find an adaptor like this with 1500ma. Does any of the existing IK power supplies work with the micro amp - or is IK going to release one?
Using the batteries is great for portability, but presently playing in the house I would like to use the amp to its full potential. Seems odd if there is no power supply available.

Thanks
jonwneale

Re: Irig micro amp

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:37 am

When will it be Android compatible?
auggybendoggy2

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:56 am

Hi,

We were using iRig Micro Amp with USB-C iPads throughout NAMM so there should be no problem. I suggest opening a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support for direct assistance with this.

As for power, the amp will function at 15W when plugged in with a compatible power supply (regardless of the voltage range). Note that we do have a link to an available compatible power supply on the Specs page here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... hp?p=specs
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:56 am

auggybendoggy2 wrote:When will it be Android compatible?

We do not have any information about Android plans for iRig Micro Amp at this time.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jonwneale » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:50 am

Thanks Peter.

I bought the new power supply from IK so that’s all
Good.

iPad - I’ve raised a ticket last week and several weeks ago.
When connected to usbc iPad using ik cable the should is whisper quiet and shows in the amplitube app settings as “headphone” output which I don’t seem to be able to change.

Works fine with an iPhone and now works with my MacBook (which is usbc)

This is pretty frustrating without any support response. I really would appreciate help on this.
jonwneale

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:08 pm

Please PM your support ticket number(s)/information to Ryan_IK and/or myself per the guidelines at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505 and we'll have someone look into it. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jonwneale » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:12 pm

Thanks Peter - Ryan just reached out to me. Thank you very much. Jon
jonwneale

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers