iLoud Micro with iRig Keys I/O

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

iLoud Micro with iRig Keys I/O

Postby Cayne Gower » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:02 pm

Hi all,

I'm in the process of putting together my first basic, compact home recording set up. I'm using Garageband on my iPad Pro and have just purchased the iRig Keys I/O 49 an iRig Studio XLR Mic. I'm now looking at getting some monitors and keeping on brand, like the look of the iLoud Micros.

Being new / naive to all of this, I just wanted to check that it's possible (and correct) to connect the speakers to the iRig Keys. If it is, what cable should I be purchasing, as it looks like 1/4" on the back of the keyboard and various 1/8" inputs on the speakers. I'm also thrown a bit by the Bluetooth capability, as that would presumably mean connecting to the iPad, which seems counterintuitive given that the Keys I/O acts as an audio interface.

Any help / advice gladly received!

Cheers,
Cayne
Cayne Gower

Re: iLoud Micro with iRig Keys I/O

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:08 pm

Your best bet is to connect the two 1/4" outputs on the iRig Keys I/O to either of the inputs on iLoud Micro Monitor.

In the case of the 1/8" stereo input you'd need a cable that has 1/8" stereo split to dual 1/4" mono.

In the case of the RCA inputs, you'd want a cable that has two RCA on one end and two 1/4" mono on the other (or two cables with RCA on one end and 1/4" mono on the other).

However, if the length is amenable, you could simply use the following cable that is included with iLoud Micro Monitor to go from the 1/8" headphone output on iRig Keys I/O to the RCA inputs on iLoud Micro Monitor:

TRS 1/8" stereo to 2 x RCA cable (1.5m/59.1")
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Cayne Gower » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:22 pm

Thank you Peter. That makes sense and gives me the reassurance I needed that all will be ok!

Cheers,
Cayne
Cayne Gower

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:26 pm

Cayne Gower wrote:Thank you Peter. That makes sense and gives me the reassurance I needed that all will be ok!

Cheers,
Cayne

No problem, happy to help!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers