AXE I/O Now Available

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: AXE I/O Now Available

Postby dlgebert » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:41 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Thank you for the kind words.

Thanks Peter for your comments. :)

According to FedEx I should have it on Wednesday. I already got all my connections and wiring ready to go in my studio, I just have to plug it in. I used the dimensions and images from the IKM product page. Can't wait... :D

No room for the UX1... well I found room for it in the trash bin... :lol:

What's funny is when I tore it open, the PCB read, "TonePort UX1 - 2005". My first reaction was, "I knew it!"

Since I already have every Amplitube and TRacks item, I guess the those licences will be reduntant, but I got this for the hardware.

I also can't wait for MODO Drum to be released...

Thanks- Dave
Last edited by dlgebert on Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dlgebert

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:13 pm

Great to hear, and thank you for the kind words! Your AXE I/O registration will qualify you for the Pick & Mix Group Buy so there could be some things in there you don't have possibly? :)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dlgebert » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:43 pm

Thanks Peter, I have to see after I register it what is in the group. My AXE I/O arrived today, but I'm still at work so I'll have to wait a little longer...

Dave
Last edited by dlgebert on Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dlgebert

Postby dlgebert » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:07 am

Peter_IK wrote:so there could be some things in there you don't have possibly? :)

Peter,

I qualified for three items. I did actually find one I didn't have, "Lurssen Mastering Console". I have it installed and I'll have to try it out.

I found two others I didn't have, "EQ P60G" and "EQ P50B". Oddly I couldn't find these anywhere on the IKM site, so I looked them up on other sites and thought, well these are the only other two I didn't already have...

After they were registered, they ended up being "EQ-PG" and "EQ-PB", which I had since they're part of the MAX collection. Everything else the list I had, so I got one item at least.

I'm still working with the AXE I/O, it's impressively built for sure. The one thing that threw me was the line inputs which I saw were TRS, so I thought each of them was stereo. That of course didn't work, so I believe they must be balanced TRS inputs and to get stereo I would have to use both. Does this sound correct to you?

I also believed that I could have everything plugged in, front and back, not realizing that Instrument overrides Mic and Mic overrides line input. I thought maybe you could switch between them in the application.

Overall, it looks like a great interface and with the low latency, I can use all of my IKM plugins in real time, I just have to figure out which ones will be best for mic'ing my Orange Crush 35RT and my Seagull Acoustic guitar and which ones for vocals, etc. I'm not worried about my Epiphone LP100 or my G&L Jazz Bass, I already have AT4 presets built for them and I'm sure they'll sound even better thru AXE I/O.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:10 pm

Hi, if you already had those two plugins, you can reach out to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they'll fix things.

Glad you are liking AXE I/O so far!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ~= ESP =~ » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:03 pm

Hi IK Multimedia Team!

Please. Roundtrip latency and minimum buffer size on 44.1 and 96K in Cubase. Can you upload data from DAW?

I want to see this:

~= ESP =~

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:25 pm

If you are requesting specific technical information from the IK team, you'd need to request that from IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

The mods/admins of this forum aren't going to be able to provide any official testing or deeper technical data like this.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ~= ESP =~ » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:31 pm

Peter_IK
Thanks
~= ESP =~

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:32 pm

~= ESP =~ wrote:Peter_IK
Thanks

I believe they should have some of the crazy low RTL figures for you though :) They really did achieve some great results using AXE I/O, I'm sure they can get you to where you need to be.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ~= ESP =~ » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:38 pm

Peter_IK
Very nice to hear this. I already contacted with support team about my question. Thanks!
~= ESP =~

Postby dlgebert » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:35 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Hi, if you already had those two plugins, you can reach out to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they'll fix things.

Peter,

That's ok, I'm good... I have everything on the list anyway... IKM has been very generous... with their Jam Points and pre-order pricing I got most of the software for a huge discount. Can't be happier with this quality organization.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby dlgebert » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:09 am

dlgebert wrote:Overall, it looks like a great interface and with the low latency, I can use all of my IKM plugins in real time.

Just as an update, I configured Studio One 4 on my iMac and was able to get my input (3.67ms), output (2.43ms) and round trip (6.46ms) latency down to the numbers in parentheses with my AXE I/O and I'm able to use T-RackS 5 and Amplitube without noticing the latency. It feels totally organic like the hardware and software are one unit. Absolutely no crackling, popping, snapping, stuttering, etc.

So far I've been using the TR5 British Channel console for my mic'ing needs and I created a couple of amazing vocal patches using the TR5 British Channel console and the TR5 CSR Hall Reverb inside of the TR5 Suite module as one unit. Using TR5 Suite is great because you don't have to save separate patches for all of the units in the one suite. Then you save the suite as a "Global".

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trbritchannel/?pkey=t-racks-single-british-channel

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trcsrhall/?pkey=t-racks-single-csr-hall-reverb

Again, great job on the last few years of products (Syntronik, MODO Drum, SampleTank 4, AXE I/O)...

Dave
dlgebert

Postby techgeek69 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:37 am

It works Superb on my Android device. Thank you sir.
techgeek69

Postby dlgebert » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:06 am

dlgebert wrote:So far I've been using the TR5 British Channel console for my mic'ing needs

Today I mic'd my Orange Crush 35RT using my Shure SM57 and used the TR5 British Channel console and was able to get a strong, clean signal with plenty of headroom and very low noise from the AXE I/O mic preamp. In fact, the only noise was from my amp and the built in noise gate on the TR5 British Channel console took care of that nicely. The response was very organic and I didn't notice any latency.

I'm amazed at how great the mic preamp is on the AXE I/O. Try it if you haven't yet if you have mic'ing needs.

Dave
Last edited by dlgebert on Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
dlgebert

Postby James Pattinson » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:12 pm

thank you for information
James Pattinson

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements