ILoud with a classical/acoustic guitar

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

ILoud with a classical/acoustic guitar

Postby BoSz1971 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:56 pm

Hi Everyone,
Can anybody tell me about using ILoud with CLASSICAL (nylon-stringed) or ACOUSTIC guitar?
What kind of acoustic sound does it produce when such intruments are connected?
Is the specifics of the acoustic sound kept in the right manner or lost, as maybe it is not designed for acoustic type of guitars (unfortunately I did not find any mention in the materials that this device can easily connected with acoustics and work in a way they won't loose its acoustic sound?).

The same question I would also raise for IRig Nano Amp. Does it work good with nylon-stringed / acoustic guitars?

Any experiences / suggestions are appreciated.
If any of existing users can try classical/acoustic guitar with ILoud and/or IRig nano amp, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you,
Boguslaw / Poland
BoSz1971

Re: ILoud with a classical/acoustic guitar

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:48 pm

Hey BoSz1971,

Thanks for your post!

The iLoud sounds great for reproducing Acoustic Guitar recordings, so playback in real time should also sound great. Now, while an Electric-Acoustic Guitar would connect to the iLoud directly via 1/4". I would suggest checking this out at a local IK Multimedia dealer (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/dealers/) with your guitar before purchasing this set up. This will help you make sure the volume provided by the iLoud is enough for how you want to use this set up.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers