What kind of cable connects the left and right speakers?

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

What kind of cable connects the left and right speakers?

Postby bingefeller » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:53 pm

The cable that comes with the iLoud is a little too long and I would like a shorter one. I'm having some problems identifying it and would like to know what kind it is - is it some kind of a 4 pin DIN cable?

Many thanks!
bingefeller

Re: What kind of cable connects the left and right speakers?

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:04 pm

The cable is a proprietary cable, so to shorten you may want to put a "loop" in the cable (make sure it isn't kinking anywhere though, a smooth circular loop) and tie it. This sort of method can usually be tucked away somewhere fairly easily.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bingefeller » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:16 pm

Peter_IK wrote:The cable is a proprietary cable, so to shorten you may want to put a "loop" in the cable (make sure it isn't kinking anywhere though, a smooth circular loop) and tie it. This sort of method can usually be tucked away somewhere fairly easily.

Many thanks Peter :)
bingefeller

Postby Association Schaft » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:26 pm

Hello
I have the same kind of problem but for a special installation I need a longer cable. Before buying the speakers I wasn't aware that the cables were so special... Is there any possibility to get those cables in 4 meter length or more? I guess that cutting the cable and making it longer will end with a bad sound.

For the rest the speakers are just perfect for my use.
Also what kind of bolt do I need to fix the speakers from below?

Thanks
Association Schaft

Postby rhythmtip » Fri May 17, 2019 10:44 pm

It's a ⅜" hole....a mic stand adapter is needed, depending on your installation, you can go to a hardware store, buy two bolts, and drill holes in your desk and mount your monitors.
rhythmtip

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers