Iloud with irig stomp I/O

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

Iloud with irig stomp I/O

Postby giorgiofesta » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:52 am

Hi everybody
a couple of weeks ago I purchased an irig stomp I/O to play with my ipad and Iphone.
It works really fine with Amplitube.
I would like to purchase a speaker to complete this compact rig for small rehersals... I was thinking to the Iloud but I do not know if it works with the irig stomp I/O.
if yes how should I connect it?
guitar - iloud - irig stomp i/o?
guitar - irig stomp i/o - iloud?
or maybe the iloud micro monitors are better?
Thanks for your help and suggestions.
Regards
giorgiofesta

Re: Iloud with irig stomp I/O

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:12 pm

You can connect to either iLoud or iLoud Micro Monitor. You'd have two options - the balanced L/R outputs or the headphone jack out to either unit. You would need the appropriate cables, noting that the balanced outputs are 1/4" and the headphone output is 1/4" stereo. iLoud input is 1/4" stereo (typical aux cable type of connection) and iLoud Micro Monitor inputs are L/R RCA.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby giorgiofesta » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:57 pm

Thanks ,
you mean I can send the signal from the L/R outputs of the Irig Stomp i/o to the iLoud input 1/4 jack? I thought it was an audio interface and not a "simple" input..
regards
giorgiofesta

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:00 pm

iLoud input is 1/8" (the guitar/mic input is NOT an aux input, it is for the built-in iRig circuit) and with the appropriate cable yes you can send balanced outputs of iRig Stomp I/O to a powered speaker like iLoud.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby giorgiofesta » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:30 am

Thanks Peter
All is clear now. According to you which is the best option for a decent but portabile guitar rig? Iloud or iLoud Micro Monitor? I need good basses and a nice and credible guitar tone with nice punch... thanks
giorgiofesta

Postby ziiz87 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:53 am

Hi Guys, I would appreciate your help for the following please :

I own an Irig Stomp I/O and i just purchased PreSonus Eris E3.5 speakers and was wondering how to connect the Irig stomp I/O to the monitoring speakers ?

can the output balance from the stomp be connected to the speakers via a 1/4 inch cables ? as the monitor speakers also take 2 TRS cables - Can i connect the i stomp balanced output to the speakers TRS inputs ?

Also is there a way to connect 2 instruments to the Istomp, any way to sing and play the guitar both at the same time from the Irig stomp I/o ? Thank you so much !
ziiz87

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:33 pm

giorgiofesta wrote:Thanks Peter
All is clear now. According to you which is the best option for a decent but portabile guitar rig? Iloud or iLoud Micro Monitor? I need good basses and a nice and credible guitar tone with nice punch... thanks

The iLoud is one of the best speakers out there for a portable guitar amp style rig. The iLoud Micro Monitors would also be a great option. Personally, I use the iLoud Micro Monitors, since they can also be used to listed back and edit your mixes with a bit more precision.

ziiz87 wrote:Hi Guys, I would appreciate your help for the following please :

I own an Irig Stomp I/O and i just purchased PreSonus Eris E3.5 speakers and was wondering how to connect the Irig stomp I/O to the monitoring speakers ?

can the output balance from the stomp be connected to the speakers via a 1/4 inch cables ? as the monitor speakers also take 2 TRS cables - Can i connect the i stomp balanced output to the speakers TRS inputs ?

Also is there a way to connect 2 instruments to the Istomp, any way to sing and play the guitar both at the same time from the Irig stomp I/o ? Thank you so much !

I would suggest going out from your iRig Stomp I/O line level outputs (1/4" Left & Right) to the Presonus Eris E3.5 1/4" inputs. These are both balanced connections, so a TRS connection would be suggested.

Unfortunately, the iRig Stomp I/O only offers a single mono input. This would not allow for multiple instruments to be input. If you do need to use two instruments, the iRig Pro Duo could be used in this case. The iRig Pro Duo would work well with the iRig Stomp I/O in a couple way.

On iOS since you only have one connector to attach audio interfaces, using the iRig Stomp I/O in 'Stand-alone' mode for just MIDI messages will allow you to get the best of both worlds. This would allow for multiple instrument inputs and full MIDI control over your apps.

Check out more on the iRig Pro Duo below.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/irigproduo/

Hope this helps!
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers