iLoud MTM high pitched hiss (louder on one monitor)

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud

Re: iLoud MTM high pitched hiss (louder on one monitor)

Postby towerSphere1 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:08 pm

I would also like to share my experiences with this issue:
Bought one pair from Thomann January of this year, unfortunately both speakers had exhibited this problem, so I was forced to return them. Sadly I did not note the serial numbers.
Learned about the new hardware revision from this thread, so I thought I'd order another pair from a local store this month, but they still had the coil whine present, so it was another quick return. In both cases only the power cable was attached.
Serial number was: IUD04-61YFAD**-*****
And on the bottom of the speakers there was a sticker with 220303** which probably indicates the manufacturing date? But I am not sure how to read that so it might be something completely different, so take that with a grain of salt.

Edit: The second pair I ordered came with the firmware that allows for the 80 Hz low cutoff setting, so it had to have been at least version 1.2.0.
towerSphere1

Postby daslicht » Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:14 pm

the number on the bottom is actually the serial number according to the official IKMultimedia support. The serials of my first speakers were: 210401** and 210400**
daslicht

Postby daslicht » Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:32 am

BTW I decided to return the second batch and just use the first @110V done

Here the Bezel difference I mentioned before, see the right looks more filigran:

daslicht

Postby Wungakum696 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:38 pm

The solution is to plug monitors to another power strip than computer. Especially if you're a Mac user. It is a common problem in mac environments with audio hardware. On my pair I heard the total work of my processor, loud noise and
squeak modulated depending on my activities on the computer. Hope that advice helps a few users. All the best.
Wungakum696

Postby daslicht » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:43 am

Wungakum696 wrote:The solution is to plug monitors to another power strip than computer. Especially if you're a Mac user. It is a common problem in mac environments with audio hardware. On my pair I heard the total work of my processor, loud noise and
squeak modulated depending on my activities on the computer. Hope that advice helps a few users. All the best.

I kept the first batch and it works perfect @110V no noise whatever
daslicht

Postby DennisFassbaender82 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:32 pm

Just had the same problems in a 230v environment and i know the correct solution:
Use balanced XLR cables! I have used expensive high quality audio cables and had so much noise in my MTM´s that i though there is no way to solve it. After switching to new cables (Klinke to XLR BALANCED) all noises are gone completely!
Bought "Nuosiya balanced audio cable". Try it ;)
DennisFassbaender82

Postby daslicht » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:35 pm

DennisFassbaender82 wrote:Just had the same problems in a 230v environment and i know the correct solution:
Use balanced XLR cables! I have used expensive high quality audio cables and had so much noise in my MTM´s that i though there is no way to solve it. After switching to new cables (Klinke to XLR BALANCED) all noises are gone completely!
Bought "Nuosiya balanced audio cable". Try it ;)

I also have balanced audio cables.
Which noise does disappear for you?

The noise @ 230V also appeares here without any cables attached.
It is produced by the voltage generator and not emmited by teh speaker itself.
You onluy got that noise with cables attached ?
daslicht

Previous

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers