iLoud MTM high pitched hiss (louder on one monitor)

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

Re: iLoud MTM high pitched hiss (louder on one monitor)

Postby gsilbers1 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:02 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
gsilbers1 wrote:got these like 3 weeks ago and this high pitch noise just started. its intermitent and sporadic.

very annoying.

is there a link for the firmware. does it work?

dont wanna play return the bad prodcut russian rulette if it keeps happening.

You should see a link to the firmware updaters in your IK User Area / IK Product Manager. If you need further assistance with any issue IK Support can assist you directly as the users, mods, and admins of this forum won't be able to assist as deeply with what you can do to resolve any issue,

I just did the firmware upgrade.

didnt work. [mod redacted - the rest was unnecessary, also please review the rules before posting]
gsilbers1

Postby zabzab » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:14 pm

Sadly, I am here to confirm this issue.

Based in Belgium, purchased last month and having a high pitched hiss, regardless of any audio cable plugged in or not. Tried both XLR and TRS... Support said they would get back to me, but here I am more than a week after without response nor solution.

I love the speakers and would keep them without hiss, but as a recording musician, the ringing noise is unbearable.
zabzab

Postby cwijers » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:45 am

Same here. Have received two replacements with the same problem.
Still no solution and another month no response from support.
cwijers

Postby PPPPmusic1 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:30 pm

If you review the rest of the the thread the problem occurs when running the speakers higher than 110V. I can confirm that my MTM in North America do not have any audible hissing/whining when turned on. Others have fixed it with a voltage step down transformer which runs the speakers at 110V, the voltage used in North America.
PPPPmusic1

Postby XavierSwafford333 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:06 pm

I’m having the same problem. High pitched noise in 1 speaker even with no cable plugged in and regardless of what settings the back buttons are set to.
I’ve done the latest firmware update and noise is still there.
Bought them new directly from ik via Amazon but unfortunately I didn’t notice until I started using them as my main monitors, past return date.
XavierSwafford333

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:55 am

XavierSwafford333 wrote:I’m having the same problem. High pitched noise in 1 speaker even with no cable plugged in and regardless of what settings the back buttons are set to.
I’ve done the latest firmware update and noise is still there.
Bought them new directly from ik via Amazon but unfortunately I didn’t notice until I started using them as my main monitors, past return date.

Sorry to hear you are having a problem, I'm sure IK Support can fix your issue via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby daslicht » Thu May 12, 2022 12:43 pm

Does the issue still persist, or is it meanwhile solved and save to buy
:?:
daslicht

Postby XavierSwafford333 » Thu May 12, 2022 11:22 pm

Problem went away on it’s on and seems fine now
XavierSwafford333

Postby daslicht » Sat May 14, 2022 8:46 am

I just received a pair of brand new sealed iLoud MTM white.

Both have that annoying chirp issue.

:roll:

https://hearthis.at/ansolas/turning-on- ... a-mtm/R3u/
daslicht

Postby daslicht » Sun May 15, 2022 2:26 pm

XavierSwafford333 wrote:Problem went away on it’s on and seems fine now

Where are you located ? Do you drive thenm with 220V ? or 110V

---
I tried them using a 220V to 110V converter and the noise is gone!
:o
daslicht

Postby daslicht » Wed May 18, 2022 5:12 pm

IK Multimedia Support told me that the latest batch are dramatically improved and the coil while should be no longer an issue.

Anyone running this latest batch @ 220V without that coil whine ?
daslicht

Postby johans » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:00 am

For anyone finding this thread in 2022 and wondering if it is now "safe" to buy the iLoud MTM speakers in Europe I have good news.

I live in Sweden @ 220V and got my new pair of black iLoud MTM speakers from Thomann yesterday. I am very sensitive to coil whine and fan noise so if there would be any sound at all I would definitely detect it.

Putting my ears extremely close around both speakers they are completely silent - there is no coil whine or any sound at all when powered on.

As you can see on the firmware update page there was a hardware revision done on the speakers in December 2021, and it is this batch that is now sold by Thomann.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/firmware/iloudmtm/

Overall I am extremely happy with these speakers. I have been waiting to buy them but was hoping they would fix this issue so I would not have to use a 220V->110V converter, and it seems they finally did it!

Finally, the serial numbers of both speakers begin with:
IUD04-60ABAH**-*****
Last edited by johans on Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
johans

Postby daslicht » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:02 am

johans wrote:For anyone finding this thread in 2022 and wondering if it is now "safe" to buy the iLoud MTM speakers in Europe I have good news.

I live in Sweden @ 220V and got my new pair of black iLoud MTM speakers from Thomann yesterday. I am very sensitive to coil whine and fan noise so if there would be any sound at all I would definitely detect it.

Putting my ears extremely close around both speakers they are completely silent - there is no coil whine or any sound at all when powered on.

As you can see on the firmware update page there was a hardware revision done on the speakers in December 2021, and it is this batch that is now sold by Thomann.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/firmware/iloudmtm/

Overall I am extremely happy with these speakers. I have been waiting to buy them but was hoping they would fix this issue so I would not have to use a 220V->110V converter, and it seems they finally did it!

Then you had luck, I got 2 of them both still were less good as the first batch fed with 110v
One of them created aperiodic noise https://marcwensauer.de/assets/iLoud_MTM_new_batch_noise.m4a, the other starts emiting a a high pitch 'jitter' after a time of usage. I also noticed that the port noise is different between both from the new batch, so that the stereo panorame get shifted, that doent happen with teh first batch I tested. Quite annoying. Besides that the bezels look different from both
Last edited by daslicht on Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
daslicht

Postby johans » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:06 am

daslicht wrote:Then you had luck, I got 2 of them both still were less good as the first batch fed with 110v One of them created a periodic noise, the other starts emiting a a high pitch jitter after a time of usage

Could you post your serials maybe? I see you got your pair in May. Maybe they did not update the white speakers and only the black ones (I am guessing they sell more black ones). Also I guess you are 100% sure it's not a ground loop and that the issue remains with no cables attached? I have mine attached with balanced cables to an Apollo Twin X.

Mine starts with IUD04-60ABAH**-*****
johans

Postby daslicht » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:12 am

johans wrote:
daslicht wrote:Then you had luck, I got 2 of them both still were less good as the first batch fed with 110v One of them created a periodic noise, the other starts emiting a a high pitch jitter after a time of usage

Could you post your serials maybe? I see you got your pair in May.

No Thomann sent me a new batch later after getting them later. Yes I am 100% sure.
daslicht

PreviousNext

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers