red/white RCA vs 3.5mm?

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

red/white RCA vs 3.5mm?

Postby tejas87 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:11 am

I just got a pair of ikMultimedia iLoud Micro monitors and they are so amazing. i connect to them via bluetooth with my phone but when producing on my pc i need to use my focusrite 2i2 for various reasons. It has two 1/4inch outs for output.

the iloud micros have two inputs, red/white RCA and 3.5mm. so im trying to figure out which wire/adapter i need to order so i can plug them into my focusrite. is there a quality difference between 3.5mm and rca? which one should i be using?
tejas87

Re: red/white RCA vs 3.5mm?

Postby tastetickles » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:49 am

Having similar issues. The micro monitor either uses the RCA or the 3.5mm but the AXE I/O uses TRS quarter inch output, how do i connect this to the Micro monitor? As far as i know the RCA are unbalanced so you need to check your Focusrite interface, does it output using balanced TRS or unbalanced TS, and if its the TRS, does it require the cable to be soldered with a float, etc. I'm stuck too.
tastetickles

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers