Missing modo drum factory content

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Missing modo drum factory content

Postby Warren P » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:11 am

I have reinstalled Modo Drum repeatedly and all the sound packs.

Still when I launch it says Factory sound content pak is missing please reinstall.

Is there something I can wipe out (configuration folder?) somewhere so that the next reinstall will work? I have tried wiping out the Modo Drum preferences plist and it regenerates it like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>LibraryPath</key>
<string>/Users/Shared/IK Multimedia/MODO DRUM/</string>
</dict>
</plist>

The user shared folder listed there exists and contains ModoDrum.pak, and ModoDrumFactoryContent.pak and ModoDrumConfig.pak.

The reinstall is NOT recreating a file that other people say they have, called MODO DRUM Common Elements.pak

I believe folks are saying that installing version 1.1.3 gets us that file.

Is this a bug in the installer still in November 2023 for modo drum 1.5?

Also I notice the modo drum 1.1.3 installer lets you specify sound content destinations and the modo drum 1.5 installer does NOT... This is a confusing regression also.

Warren P

Re: Missing modo drum factory content

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:27 pm

Have you reported your issue to IK Support? They'd be best-equipped to answer your questions and resolve your issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Warren P » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:10 pm

I did send a support request in, and am awaiting response, it usually is not too long.

I've tried everything I can think of but only the old 1.1.3 works at all.

1.5 installs fine on my old windows box, but I've long since moved to a mac for all my studio music work. only 1.1.3 modo drums works on my mac.

Last time I tried to use Modo Drums on this machine, I gave up and stayed on 1.1.3, as at least the 1.1.3 product installer worked.
Warren P

Postby Warren P » Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:49 pm

I posted a support request nov 27, it's dec 2, and been about 5 days, no contact yet from support. They are a bit slow.
Warren P

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS