MODO BASS 2: No playing in real time possible...

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

MODO BASS 2: No playing in real time possible...

Postby CKB-jazz » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:49 pm

Hello, I am interested in buying MODO BASS 2.
I have just downloaded the demo.
When I play the standalone version of the demo, I can't play properly in real time.
In the setup the minimum buffer is 256.

Is this only the case with the demo version?

Can I set the buffer lower in the purchased version, e.g. to 16
and then play properly in Real Time?
CKB-jazz

Re: MODO BASS 2: No playing in real time possible...

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:16 pm

The buffer size is dependent on your audio interface. Most proper audio interfaces can go much lower than 256. I would recommended making sure you have the latest drivers for your audio interface and if you are on Windows make sure you're using the ASIO drivers provided by the manufacturer (not Windows Audio or similar).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby CKB-jazz » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:38 am

I am a professional. Of course I have installed the latest drivers of all.
I can go down to a buffersize 16 without problems in Cubase and other plug ins like Pianoteq etc.

When I checked the MODO BASS 2 standalone demo, I have no choice there, to set a lower buffer size than 256. The lowest there is 256. This means, everthing on my system works good, but only not the MODO BASS 2 standalone demo in real time.

I had hoped that you had intentionally built into the demo that only a minimum buffer size of 256 is possible.
CKB-jazz

Postby CKB-jazz » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:32 am

I have tried several MIDI ports and several MIDI keyboards with the standalone version. There is always a delay between pressing the keyboard keys. The delay is too long to be able to play in real time.
If I have the task manager open at the same time, I only have a maximum CPU load of 5%.

That's why I want to lower the buffer size in the MODO BASS application settings, lower than 256, but that doesn't work and it doesn't make sense that it doesn't work.

So I'd like to ask again whether you did this especially for the DEMO version so that you can't play properly in real time? I just don't want to buy the program now and then find out that it doesn't work in the purchased version either.
CKB-jazz

Postby CKB-jazz » Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:04 pm

One more piece of information. If I install MODO BASS 2 Demo as a plug-in in Cubase and create an instrument track with MODO BASS 2, there the plug-in can be played in real time without any problems because the lower buffer size is set there.

I only have the buffersize setting problems with the standalone version.

Apart from that, I think MODO BASS 2 is super good! :-)
CKB-jazz

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:06 pm

For the standalone version it still sounds like you should not have that issue. Also please do not take offense when someone offers the first round of support - nobody knows precisely what your level or expertise is nor your exact system setup. Also, those suggestions frequently fix the issue.

For the issue with the standalone please open a ticket with IK Support and they will assist you happily and help you get that issue resolved. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby CKB-jazz » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:46 pm

Hello, I have now solved the problem.
If you set in the standalone version the "Technology" parameter in the setup to ASIO,
you can reduce the buffer size to 16.
The standalone version now runs perfectly in real time.

Wonderful! I've just bought MODO BASS 2 now and I'm absolutely thrilled!

I've always wanted something as great as this.

Best regards 8-)

CKB-jazz
CKB-jazz

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS