Modo Drum Hi Hat Level

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Modo Drum Hi Hat Level

Postby adriandix@rocketmail.com » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:32 am

I'm trying to get the Hi Hat to a decent level without the room or overhead being enabled.Doing this though means the level in Cubase is coming in at -29 dB.
Is there a way to get the Hi Hat louder ?
On the Edit Element there isn't a volume setting for the Hi Hat just Room and Overhead
adriandix@rocketmail.com

Re: Modo Drum Hi Hat Level

Postby spantini » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:55 pm

Same problem here. With all (hi-hat and mixer) volumes at max, the loudest I can get the hi-hat is barely enough when it's the only piece played. Once any other piece or instrument comes in the hi-hat disappears completely. Also having problems with all volumes using the mixer - with or without OH/ROOM.

I'm only using the FREE version, so maybe these pieces are limited in some ways. Dunno.
spantini

Postby adriandix@rocketmail.com » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:16 am

I'm using Cubase and ended up using the drum mixer very low and then using a maximiser and a brickwall limiter to make it usable.
The volume of the snare was hopping around all over the place and making it impossible to mix
adriandix@rocketmail.com

Postby spantini » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:21 pm

I know what you mean with the snare. The kick is giving me a hard time. I have to drop the kick's mixer level to near zero to keep it's energy down, then it's not loud enough. IT goes from very low to excessive with nothing between.
spantini

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS