Cant demo paid-for kits after buying Total Studio?!

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Cant demo paid-for kits after buying Total Studio?!

Postby BarryLegg1980 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:28 pm

So, if I just had Modo Drum CS, and never paid IK a penny, I would be able to get free demos of all the drumkits before paying for them… but having bought Total Studio 3.5 and thus having Modo Drum 1.5 - demoing the three remaining kits - ‘Silver’’Brit’ and ‘Metal’ - is now off limits to me?! Why?!
I can buy those kits, sure - but if I don’t actually like them, too bad, because after having actually given IK money in the past - I actually get a worse level of service than anyone else?!

Again - Why can’t I demo the three remaining kits before paying for them when other Modo Drum users can?! Seriously, I’m asking.
BarryLegg1980

Re: Cant demo paid-for kits after buying Total Studio?!

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:33 pm

MODO DRUM CS is the demo for MODO DRUM including a free kit and the functionality of MODO DRUM. There are audio and video demos of the new kits available to hear how they sound.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby BarryLegg1980 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:48 pm

Ok - but why? I just don’t get why some users have access to trials of the kits and some users (who have actually already dropped money on IK products) don’t get that same level of service.

Audio samples are one thing, sure, but it’s obviously not as useful as being able to actually use the kit.

It’s not even like I can launch Modo Drum CS (which I had before paying for it!) to get access to the trial kits! It knows im a total studio customer and it just nopes me when I try to find a way to get access to the trial.

You can see how this model of ‘pay more - get less’ isn’t exactly fair, surely?
BarryLegg1980

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:31 pm

That's not the case. What I stated above is the method to demo MODO DRUM. People who pay less don't get more, all users have the same access to the free kit in CS and not the other kits.

What you describe above is a bug if you had access to kits you didn't purchase when you were first using MODO DRUM CS.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tubemarker » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:40 pm

I bought Total studio MAX 3.5. And yesterday first time started using MODO Drum from a long time and kits Silver, Brit Custom and Metal are locked. Everything else is available as it should when buying total studio product. So is the actual bug that those locked kits show up in paid full version and those kits should only be used from free version? I mean I would like some clarification before making a bug report.
tubemarker

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:55 pm

tubemarker wrote:I bought Total studio MAX 3.5. And yesterday first time started using MODO Drum from a long time and kits Silver, Brit Custom and Metal are locked. Everything else is available as it should when buying total studio product. So is the actual bug that those locked kits show up in paid full version and those kits should only be used from free version? I mean I would like some clarification before making a bug report.

Total Studio 3.5 MAX is not the current version of Total Studio. Total Studio 3.5 MAX is no longer sold by IK, please note it included MODO DRUM 1 so it wouldn't have those new kits that are from MODO DRUM 1.5 which is included with the current Total Studio 4 MAX (released early this year).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS