(BASS) PW not working on certain notes

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

(BASS) PW not working on certain notes

Postby GrizzlyAK » Sun May 14, 2023 10:14 pm

I've asked support to see if they can replicate what I'm seeing, but wanted to see if anyone here is experiencing the same issue. Nothing came up in my search.

I have an Arturia Keylab Essential 61 keyboard connected to Reaper and find that the PW only affects the pitch in the UP direction on E1, D2, G2, and only in the DOWN direction on D#4.All other notes seem to work as expected. I found this when trying to do a slide from D2 to B1b, and nothing happened. Not sure what's going on with these particular notes, or whether it is my Keyboard or MODO BASS (or Reaper). Can anyone please see if you can replicate?

I also found similar issues with the MW and Vibrato not working on some notes. You might check that too.

Please let me know what you find.
GrizzlyAK

Re: (BASS) PW not working on certain notes

Postby GrizzlyAK » Mon May 15, 2023 7:22 pm

I figured this out. When Open String is ON, it forces these notes to be played on open strings only, which (on a real instrument), you can't pitch down any further. I'm accustomed to sampling instruments, where every note is free game to do whatever you want with pitch. Having these "real" limitations takes some getting used to. :lol: Getting a note to play on a particular string at a particular fret on my keyboard is a little baffling. This explains my difficulty with getting slides to work, either at all, or greater than 4 ST. Again, you can only slide down to the nut, so playing the note higher on the fret board permits longer slides. I guess I need to spend some time on YT. :?
GrizzlyAK

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS