Missing high notes on 5 / 6 strings bass

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Missing high notes on 5 / 6 strings bass

Postby studioryde » Mon May 08, 2023 6:16 pm

Hi,

I just installed MODO Bass 2 on Windows 10.

When I use a 5 or 6 strings bass, the upper 5 ( up to 10 sometimes ) notes plays the lowest B note and does not stop. It does this with the interface keyboard and by MIDI track. It does not do this with the interface fretboard. Then if I click on the interface keyboard lowest B note, it stops ringning.

The same issue happens on the standalone and in Cubase 11 as VSTi.

I checked everything around the interface, no clue. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks
studioryde

Re: Missing high notes on 5 / 6 strings bass

Postby DG00000 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:47 am

I’ve experienced this too. Did you ever figure out how to solve it?
DG00000

Postby studioryde » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:56 am

Hi. I submitted a ticket and still waiting for an answer. I have sent videos of the incidents and a part of a Cubase project that shows the problem.
You experienced it too ? Any idea of how to solve this or at least a workaround ?
studioryde

Postby DG00000 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:14 am

I have only had Modo Bass for a couple of weeks, so I don’t know much yet. I find that switching to another instrument model and then back again usually clears up the problem. This has worked to fix other little glitches as well.

I’ll let you know if I figure anything out.
I’m interested in hearing what you learn.
Good luck!
DG00000

Postby studioryde » Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:12 pm

Hi. I will try your trick.
I did not find anything to prevent the event. There are even times on a regular 4 strings bass that a note is simply missing and is replaced by the next one.
Big mess. If nothing happens soon from the support I will simply put all my videos on YouTube to advise people of what can happen.
I found a video on YT and the guy shows exatly the same thing with comments saying that it happened to them. My turn maybe.
Very deveived. It all seems too good to be true in the promotion tutorial. I guess it is.
Thanks
studioryde

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:26 pm

You're not deceived. MODO BASS 2 is an acclaimed bass virtual instrument but you're experiencing unexpected behavior. The support team at IK will happily assist you and take care of the issues you are having.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby studioryde » Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:00 pm

Hi. I hope for a permanent solution, I have many projects on the production bench now and the MODO BASS 2 seems to me like the best one on the market for my needs.
Thanks.
studioryde

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:00 pm

studioryde wrote:Hi. I hope for a permanent solution, I have many projects on the production bench now and the MODO BASS 2 seems to me like the best one on the market for my needs.
Thanks.

For sure, especially frustrating when a good tool isn't working for you I know that feeling.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby studioryde » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:03 pm

No news for over a week now. What do you suggest ?
Thanks
studioryde

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:23 pm

studioryde wrote:No news for over a week now. What do you suggest ?
Thanks

You can reply to your ticket at any time to request a status. Also viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby studioryde » Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:15 pm

I did request a status two days ago. No news.
studioryde

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS