ModoBass 2 Stuck & Sustained Notes

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

ModoBass 2 Stuck & Sustained Notes

Postby ZoeMusic » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:29 am

Hello all!

Has anyone been seeing this issue with stuck and sustained notes with ModoBass 2 and Pro Tools?

Its' the only plugin that has been giving me a problem out of my 240 or more plugins on my system.

I have had this issue with the last several versions of pro Tools and including the latest version.

I've tried it with every version of Monterey and Ventura and I have also had this problem with ModoBass 2 from day one.

It happens randomly when I stop the song, the note sustains and is stuck, then when I hit play again the note is still stuck and sustains.

I used a midi file from the ModoBass 2 pattern selection for this testing.

I have reinstall my OS and all my software several times and have created a Pro Tools session with only a ModoBass 2 track and nothing else and the no matter what I do the problem persist.

I have contacted Avid Tech Support and they responded back to me within less then 12Hours and this what they said:

Entered on: 4/20/2023 6:22 PM Entered by: xxxxxx

Hi,

Thanks for making contact with Avid Customer Care.
We are sorry for your inconvenience.

This is xxxxx from Avid APAC.

I tested with a trial version of IK MODO BASS 2.aaxplugin
(v 2.0.2) and could easily reproduce the symptom.

Pro Tools 2023.3.
MacBook Air/16GB RAM
macOS 10.15.7 Catalina

The issue does not occur with Air Xpand!2 plug-in replaced in the same session/track/MIDI data.

So it should be a MODO BASS specific issue.
Please keep reporting to IK Multimedia support for the fix.

Best Regards,
xxxxx
AVID

I can reproduce this problem 100% of the time and I have had a IK-Multimedia Tech Support case open since February of this year for this problem and the case is still open and yet they have not been able to help at all. They say they can't reproduce the problem which I find it hard to believe seeing the Avid Tech Support guy and I can reproduce it 100% of the time every time on different systems with different sound interfaces and OS's. I don't know what else to do. I have not been able to effectively use ModoBass 2 with out this problem. The Avid tech Support guys sent me a video showing he can reproduce it and I have a video as well of the problem. Has anyone else seen this problem with Pro Tools 2023.3 & 2022.12?

Any help would be appreciated.

I will attached a link of the my video and the Avid Support Techs video showing the problem.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-EEgNH ... share_link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/166GgJ1 ... sp=sharing
ZoeMusic

Re: ModoBass 2 Stuck & Sustained Notes

Postby ZoeMusic » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:09 pm

Hello again,

I am attaching a link of the PT session file that's giving me the problem with ModoBass 2. Can someone with ModoBass 2 & Pro Tools 2023.3 or 2022.12 in native AS mode try and see if you can reproduce this problem. It doesn't happen when you just let the song play through but when you are stopping and starting the session randomly as when you are editing. See the previous post attached video links for steps how I and the Avid Tech Support guy were able reproduced the problem.

The Pro Tools session file to download is only 86KB in size.

I would greatly appreciate your help to solve this problem.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19l-625 ... m4r8-/view
ZoeMusic

Postby ZoeMusic » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:26 am

All I need you to do is to see if you can reproduce this on your system. If not I would like to see what the difference is between your system, setup and mine. Any help would be appreciated.
ZoeMusic

Postby DarkStar » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:09 am

As no other users have chipped in with suggestions and as this is not a company Support forum, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.

When you get the auto-acknowledgement email you can reply to that attaching your project file, screenshots etc.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ZoeMusic » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:28 am

Yeah already contacted IK tech support and they were no help at all that's why I'm here. Just need to know if anyone else can Repo this problem with ModoBass & Pro Tools besides Avid Tech Support and I.
ZoeMusic

Postby terry.weiss » Tue May 30, 2023 2:58 pm

I had the same issue and it was aggravating. I found that it happens when a note is out of range high or low (between the bottom or top note and the range for key switches). You may find that if you add 6 strings the problem goes away. Then you can go back and hunt down the offending note.
terry.weiss

Postby ZoeMusic » Tue May 30, 2023 9:06 pm

Thanks for the reply, I checked and there are no notes out of range. The midi was taken from the ModoBass patterns and it was a four string part. I've also played Bass notes within the 4 string range with a six string bass and the problem persist. Are you using Pro Tools 2023.3? Any help would be appreciated!
ZoeMusic

Postby mark.thompson » Tue May 30, 2023 9:56 pm

I'm on 2023.3 too. It's 100% an IK thing, not Avid.
mark.thompson

Postby ZoeMusic » Tue May 30, 2023 10:41 pm

Yeah that's what Avid Tech support and I have discovered. IK-Tech support said they can't reproduce the problem and have offered not further assistance but I find that hard to believe. We could repo it easily,100 percent of the time as show in in the videos I posted. Sadly It would seem that is far as their tech support goes now of days or at least that's been my experience. I have contacted them several times since I open the support case and all I get from them now is we will get back with you and months have gone by and I have heard nothing. I have even tried opening a second case with the same info thinking maybe it was just the tech support guy in particular but got same reply. "will will get back with you"
ZoeMusic

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 31, 2023 3:29 pm

What are your ticket numbers?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mark.thompson » Wed May 31, 2023 3:58 pm

Mine was originally #4990833. It covered several problems with MB2.
mark.thompson

Postby ZoeMusic » Wed May 31, 2023 7:15 pm

ZoeMusic

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 31, 2023 10:13 pm

mark.thompson wrote:Mine was originally #4990833. It covered several problems with MB2.

I'm told the team asked a question there and was awaiting a response.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ZoeMusic » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:35 am

Peter_IK wrote:What are your ticket numbers?

Here you go Peter #2381399
ZoeMusic

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:43 pm

ZoeMusic wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:What are your ticket numbers?

Here you go Peter #2381399

Thank you, I have relayed your ticket.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS