MODO BASS 2 not always properly reading legato slide CC 65

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

MODO BASS 2 not always properly reading legato slide CC 65

Postby Dekayer » Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:12 am

I'm using it in Cubase Pro 12 on an Intel Windows 10 Home. Whenever I write CC65 to trigger legato slide, MODO BASS sometimes does not read the CC. It's like 60% of the time it fails to read and play legato slide during the entire playback of the project. To avoid this I often try to render in place but it also tends to fail to record legato slide very often and eventually I have to try render in place several times until it's successsful.

Any troubleshooting for this issue? Or are there any other users facing the same issue?
Dekayer

Re: MODO BASS 2 not always properly reading legato slide CC

Postby mikeguitar » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:40 pm

Ya, same here. it's inconsistent during playback (Cubase), so far I haven't noticed any problems with it when bouncing.
mikeguitar

Postby DarkStar » Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:58 pm

Other users may chip in with suggestions. Can either of you try it out in another DAW?

Meanwhile, as this is not a company Support forum, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Dekayer » Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:18 pm

As I couldn't find anyone posting about the same issue elsewhere I contacted support with a few points:

1. CC65 not being read properly 50% of the time (either playback or bouncing the MIDI event)
2. Any other articulations work fine (at least for me and for now)
3. MODO BASS 1 works just fine and right now I'm using it or other Kontakt Bass instrument

I'm waiting for their responce right now.

Cubase Pro 12 Ver.12.0.70
MODO BASS 2 Ver. 2.0.2
Dekayer

Postby Dekayer » Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:17 am

*CASE SOLVED*

This issue has been solved. The reason why MODO BASS 2 sometimes doesn't read CC65 and not playing legato slide is because the articulation switch is set to "latch on" by default. While latch is on, I was creating CC65 automation points several times and that's why legato slide articulation got triggered on and off over and over.

If the latch is on, then I should have made just only one CC65 automation point. If the latch is off, then I will have to make CC65 for each legato slide articulation in the MIDI event.
Dekayer

Postby mikeguitar » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:59 pm

THANK YOU!
Solved my problem when using legato slide with 'KS' and expression maps in Cubase.
mikeguitar

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS