Starting or Changing a MODO Drum Groove with MIDI

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Starting or Changing a MODO Drum Groove with MIDI

Postby willf.henley » Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:37 am

Hello All,

This question may well be answered in the "Very Elusive" User Manual which I've spent two days trying to find online without success so I'll ask the question here in hopes someone has an answer.

As MODO Drums has 1,400+ intros, verses, choruses, fills, etc that are very good I'd like to use some of them in "Real-Time" mode vs a Copy/Paste into my DAW. Quite simply I'd like to start/stop and/or change grooves on the fly by triggering them with a MIDI Controller.

In a perfect world the Start/Stop should be doable with the transport controls and the specific Groove should be selectable with a MIDI Program Change Message. I have the ability to send any possible MIDI Message that could be required. I just need to know what that information is and without having access to a User Manual to determine what message(s) is required. Such functionality may not even be supported by the plugin but I'd like to know as there is so much potential if such can be done.

Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated..........
willf.henley

Re: Starting or Changing a MODO Drum Groove with MIDI

Postby DarkStar » Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:22 pm

The User Manual is installed on your local disk when you install the software. It can also be found in your User Area / My Products / MODO Drum under the Download Resources tab.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Starting or Changing a MODO Drum Groove with MIDI

Postby dg47nuku » Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:08 am

i also like to change grove on the fly and start and stop them . the only way ,i see is open the DAW and trigger them i a loop cell on each grove to make up your song on the fly.
i will have to try this my self to. be nice to do it interaly in the app with a midifoot controler
dg47nuku

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS