Modo drum failed install (again)

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Modo drum failed install (again)

Postby biggtime » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:43 pm

I'm back with a similar issue to one I had before with Modo drum, but now in different circumstances.
I have a new music PC (Windows), and have just upgraded to the full Modo Drum 1.5.
I am therefore doing a clean installation of Modo Drum 1.5.
But when I install it, and open it, it says
"Factory sound content pak file is missing, please reinstall Modo drum".
I'd attach a screenshot but I don't know how on the forum
I let it install to the default locations using IK Product Manager, which said it had installed correctly. I haven't yet downloaded any of the drum 'sounds'/kits.

I remember something similar happening when I installed 1.5 as an upgrade to 1.13 on my old music PC but didn't expect to see this problem when doing a clean install on a new machine.
Anyone got any ideas? It's very frustrating that it doesn't seem to work 'straight out of the box'.
biggtime

Re: Modo drum failed install (again)

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:25 pm

If you are having sound content issues, this FAQ may help: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1429

If you still have issues please contact IK Support and they will happily assist you. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby biggtime » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:49 am

Thanks Peter. Intriguingly, it does open as a VST but with no sound content (not even the default kit) but doesn't open standalone giving the fault I mention, so you can't even get to the settings.

One thing I did want to ask - is there any reason or need to install 1.5 as an 'upgrade' to 1.1.3 when doing a completely clean install? I'm assuming not, and that it should be possible to install 1.5 without any prior version of Modo Drum on the computer with no problems?

Last time my issues arose because I already had 1.1.3 on my PC and was upgrading. This time it is a completely fresh install on a new PC. Most IK software is so simple to install that Modo drum is an oddity.
biggtime

Postby biggtime » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:59 pm

Hi Peter,

Not sure whether you'll see this, but I seem to be having a problem getting a response from the support team regarding this issue. Are they very busy? I sent my email on 15th but I'm a bit worried it just didn't get through.
I'm in need of a bit of support because as well as Modo Drum I also seem to be having problems getting Sampletank and Syntronik to install and run properly on the new PC so it's all getting a bit frustrating.

Thanks,

Dave.
biggtime

Postby formersonarman2 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:25 pm

Same issue here - Jan 2024.
Upgraded hard drive on the same machine that was previously used with MODO Drums.
Uninstalled and reinstalled MODO Drums (twice).
Only the default Studio kit will load.
Reinstalled/downloaded kit sounds several times via the IK Product Manager.
Still won't recognize the kits.
Assuming this a file path issue?

Anyone have the real solution?

TIA
formersonarman2

Postby darkogav » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:29 am

formersonarman2 wrote:Same issue here - Jan 2024.
Upgraded hard drive on the same machine that was previously used with MODO Drums.
Uninstalled and reinstalled MODO Drums (twice).
Only the default Studio kit will load.
Reinstalled/downloaded kit sounds several times via the IK Product Manager.
Still won't recognize the kits.
Assuming this a file path issue?

Anyone have the real solution?

TIA

I recently re-installed all of MODO drums. Make sure you install all the other drums. And make sure you launch authorization, It sounds like it either can't see the content or does not know you are authorized to use the other drums.
darkogav

Postby formersonarman2 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm

hi dark

thanks for your reply regarding this issue. After much more time spent and more trial and error, including using the tips you've suggested, unfortunately, the issues remain.

I've sent a support request to IK MM. Hopefully, they will have the solution.
[mod redacted - please review the rules]

I'll let you know if this gets solved.

Rock on!

Al
formersonarman2

Re: Modo drum failed install (again) ** SOLVED **

Postby formersonarman2 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:01 am

No response from IK MM regarding this issue - so after several trial and error solutions, here is how I finally solved this on my own.

Uninstalled MODO Drum 1.5 and deleted all previous MD 1.3 files.

File paths are the culprit.

Might be helpful if IKMM would post better details on how to resolve this.
formersonarman2

Postby 123dylanb » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:45 pm

I'm having this same issue. Uninstalled, reinstalled, over and over, still having the same pak notification when opening the standalone app. What is the file path solution?
123dylanb

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:55 pm

123dylanb wrote:I'm having this same issue. Uninstalled, reinstalled, over and over, still having the same pak notification when opening the standalone app. What is the file path solution?

Sorry to hear you are having issues, IK Support will be able to assist you via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw so please reach out to them.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby smasha » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:56 am

Same problem here.
Modo Drum not seeing drumkits.

IK Product Manager HAS to have two settings,one for Backup/Downloaded files and another setting for the Installed Drive,where the samples INSTALL too.

Otherwise the forums will be clogged with these type of Problems.

P.S. I fixed this by copying the PAK files over to my SSD Drive. :D
smasha

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:25 pm

There are already two settings, one for where your downloads go one for where you install to.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS