1.5 "upgrade" ...Do I have this right?

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

1.5 "upgrade" ...Do I have this right?

Postby OldIKUser1 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:33 am

I have a full version of Modo Drums 1.1.3 -everything works.

I received a notice via IK's product manager that I should upgrade to 1.5-moths ago.

I attempted to update at the time but after many attempts nothing made it work, it just locked up at startup of the stand alone program and said sound content was missing.

So I gave up on it for the time and reinstalled my 1.1.3 version, at the time I just did not have the time to back and forth with the IK support system.

About a week before X-mas I had some down time, so I updated all my IK software, and decided to try and get the 1.5 working again-it was still the same issue.

So I sent in a request to IK support, and just today received a message back long/short, I now have the software running, but only the studio kit works.

Was I suppose to be getting more than that as the update? and did I miss downloading the sound files at that time?

-OR

Is that all that the update consisted of?

I don't see the point of replacing my earlier modo drum full program with a free version of the newer one?

Why can't the new program exist beside the older just like modo bass and modo bass 2, etc.?

Apparently if I want the full Drum package again I must revert to the older modo Drum, or buy the new full software, which appears to mean I must make use of the current deal on the mododrums 1.5 + bass2?
OldIKUser1

Re: 1.5 "upgrade" ...Do I have this right?

Postby OldIKUser1 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:44 am

So I went ahead with the purchase as I got the ModoMax bundle "upgrade" for 69.99.

The silver, brit custom and metal, still show the lock.
As far as I can tell these three "new" kits were part of the MAX package-so why don't I have access?

I have refreshed the Product manager, and there are no new "sounds downloads".

I tried the custom shop restore my purchases, and refreshed the Ik product manager. No Joy there.

I guess its back to support again.
OldIKUser1

Re: 1.5 "upgrade" ...Do I have this right?

Postby OldIKUser1 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:49 am

Just closed and opened the manager one more time and the three missing "sound" files were now available to download-I guess there was a delay in the delivery of my content somehow-go figure.

All's well that ends well!

I guess I won't have to bother support after all.
OldIKUser1

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS