Modo Bass 2 velocity bug issue

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Modo Bass 2 velocity bug issue

Postby yeahimsteve » Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:38 pm

Another guy posted with different wording about MODO Bass 2 and I thought that I was using v1.5 but it turns out that I'm using MODO Bass 2 as well.

On the low E string, when using the finger playing style, if two quick notes are played in succession (meaning that there's not a long pause between the two notes, like two 8th notes happening quickly back-to-back), there will be a loud velocity burst on one of the proceeding notes. There's no way to control it because, with enough playback starts and stops, the note will play correctly....but most of the time, it will not. Therefore I can't get any consistency in the velocity that is actually being triggered in the program.

I'm surprised that no beta testers noticed this when they were testing the program. I noticed it within minutes and I've had the issue for months but I haven't gotten around to mentioning it until now.
yeahimsteve

Re: Modo Bass 2 velocity bug issue

Postby yeahimsteve » Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:05 pm

I'm submitting a support ticket but I wanted to mention that it's doing it when the "drop" option is selected under the "string" category and using 4-string mode for the bass. The bug happens on the D#1 note but it's not happening on the standard E note when "drop" is turned off. I moved the midi up a note to play on standard E instead of D#1 and the issue did not exist.

The song is played down half a step and so playing on the low open E string needs the "drop" option turned on, otherwise the note is greyed out.
yeahimsteve

Postby makaiva » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:17 am

I also have this problem, any updates?
makaiva

Postby yeahimsteve » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:08 am

makaiva wrote:I also have this problem, any updates?

I made an in-depth screen-recording video for the devs, showing them the issue and haven't heard anything back.

What we really need is a "tune down half a step mode" where we don't have to use the "drop" function at all. That way, all the notes are fretted and placed as a bass tuned down half a step, as opposed to adding a few more low notes only.
yeahimsteve

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS