Modo Bass 2 - doesn't have constant velocity

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Modo Bass 2 - doesn't have constant velocity

Postby mikeguitar » Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:57 pm

Hi, I noticed that when I program a constant rhythmic bassline, such as 1/8 and 1/16ths on the low E string that the volume does not sound constant.
Is this a feature and something I can turn off? My guess is that it is trying to sound 'humanized' but in this case I don't like/don't want it. I want it to sound machine-like.

I have looked at all the parameters and could not see a feature to turn off, did i miss something?

thanks
mikeguitar

Re: Modo Bass 2 - doesn't have constant velocity

Postby yeahimsteve » Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:26 pm

I was just coming to post the same thing. It's a horrible bug and it needs to be fixed immediately.

When using the "finger" play style, there will be loud bursts of velocity on proceeding notes when playing two quick notes on the low string back to back. It doesn't do it every time though which is how I know it's a bug. Sometimes it plays the notes correctly (correct velocity back to back) but most times, it plays one of the proceeding notes way too loud and you can also hear a fret buzz rattle from it plucking so hard...even though the actual midi velocity does not warrant it.
yeahimsteve

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS