Just bought the Modo Max bundle and...?

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Just bought the Modo Max bundle and...?

Postby trbutemnyxx » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:10 pm

Hey guys new IK user here. I just recently bought the Modo Max bundle and to my surprise I only have one unlockable model for each piece of software respectively. I paid $200USD for both but am seeing them both being promo'd with a description of including multiple kits and models. Whats the deal? thanks for your help.
trbutemnyxx

Re: Just bought the Modo Max bundle and...?

Postby M1dnightfm » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:15 pm

Did you ever get this fixed? Would be nice to know if it doesn't actually include all the kits before buying this... :?
M1dnightfm

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:16 pm

MODO MAX includes MODO BASS 2 and MODO DRUM 1.5. If you have installed and authorized them both in IK Product Manager and do not see what you should in the software please contact IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will happily assist you. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Dremix » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:08 pm

Hi all,

I'm a Modo Bass and Modo Drums user and see the 'MODO MAX' on offer for $99,00 because I own them already.

What is very unclear is what is in this package if I buy. It states:
MODO MAX includes MODO BASS 2 and MODO DRUM 1.5
So as it is called MAX it implies it comes with all the models for MODO BASS 2 and MODO DRUM 1.5?

Hope someone can clarify as it drives me nuts going through the shop and not finding any clues.

I think IK would do good to update and describe what is exactly in this packages to prevent any dissapointment.

Thank you in advance,

Andreas Leeraar
Dremix

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:59 pm

What do you think is missing from the MODO MAX bundle?

IK Multimedia uses the term "MAX" for a fixed bundle of products. The contents of the bundle are set when the bundle is first released. Related products released after that time are not included.

The IKM web pages wrote:MODO BASS 2
IK's expanded physically modelled electric and acoustic bass virtual instrument. Includes all 22 bass models.

MODO DRUM 1.5
IK's expanded physical modelling acoustic drum virtual instrument. Includes all 13 kits.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Koz_Myk » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:33 pm

I’m in a similar quandary.
I’m on day three of getting Modo Studio 3.5 Max installed WHERE I WANT IT and including all of what I was led to believe it contained.
Having tried the direct approach via Product Manager, I moved on to individual down loads of Instrument and Sound files.
This got me Some progress but a lot of things were still missing.
I’m now Reinstalling via Product Manager but halting the downloads and replacing zip files with ones previously down loaded, repeating the Reinstalls and watching them being copied across BUT with smaller Extra LS files being downloaded as well.
It’s as if the original installs were NEVER going to work on their own …

While doing all this I noticed, in small print, that Studio 3.5 Max doesn’t included MODO DRUMS 1.5 as it first appeared to.
I feel somewhat misled, but I guess I’ll live with it; IF I ever succeed in getting it all working smoothly …
The next half a day will tell … Hopefully

PS
I’d like to get MODO DRUM Off my C: Drive eventually, but first things first eh ?
Koz_Myk

Postby Koz_Myk » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:05 am

Only took me four days ...
But it's ALL in, And with the Samples of the C: Drive too.

Took a bit of juggling, especially with SampleTank 4 ‘Showing’ the installed stuff but not seeing the sound files.

Repeating all-in-one-go downloads was getting Old, with all the Fails, so I downloaded the Sounds to a safe location (E: Drive) then went to Product Manager and started a Reinstall ...
Once I could see where the Installer was downloading stuff to, I could put my previously downloaded files in that location then Stop and Re-Start the reinstall IN the folder that the installer had created.
The installer would then unpack and copy those completed files to wherever it needed to on my G: Drive, which is where I wanted it all to go in the first place …

Laborious yes but still quicker than doing overnight installs only to find that something had failed.
The SampleTank library is showing duplicates now …
Meh ! I can’t see if the files are actually duplicated or if it’s just the list that’s seeing double.
I’ll leave that for another day; I need to get back to making music and noises …
Koz_Myk

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS