Differences between CS & SE Versions of MD & MB?

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Differences between CS & SE Versions of MD & MB?

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:49 pm

I can't seem to find the differences between CS & SE Versions. I see the compare page which shows which basses/kits you can get, but as far as the other elements such as... is there a difference to how many midi files each comes with, and other functionalities is not that clear.

Does CS MD have the same number of midi grooves as SE ? Does CS MB have the same number of bass midi grooves as SE ? And what about functionality ? What are the differences besides the number of basses/kits between CS and SE ?

If it's just me, and it probably is, please point me to the appropriate links. But so far all I've found was the 'Compare Page', though all that seems to show is the number of basses/ kits each offers.

Thanks....
Musical.Alchemy

Re: Differences between CS & SE Versions of MD & MB?

Postby Steve-xyz » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:20 am

A few months ago, one of them (MB 2 CS, if I recall correctly) didn't have information about feature limitations. So I tried, found the feature I was interested in wasn't working in CS, asked support, and then when they told me it wasn't included in CS I suggested they should put that on the website. Several weeks ago, I looked and the limitation was there.

I would encourage you to ask support with very specific questions.
Steve-xyz

Re: Differences between CS & SE Versions of MD & MB?

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:38 pm

Yes I was thinking of contacting them, but it would be helpful if IK were a little better at explaining their products. They make great stuff that we all use but are not very good at explaining what exactly you're getting.
Musical.Alchemy

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS