Hihat triggering kick drum in MODO Drum

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Hihat triggering kick drum in MODO Drum

Postby SeanMacNutt1 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:01 pm

When I use the kit's own sounds independent of the computer, this issue does not happen - if the foot control on my kit is anywhere between fully open or fully closed, the kick is triggered rather than the hihat sound when striking the hihat pad.

Incidentally I went to SampleTank 4 to try some kits there and found that ST was only accepting input from my keyboard, not my kit. If someone can solve that real quick let me know but I'll post in the other forum. Getting started with a new setup here.
SeanMacNutt1

Re: Hihat triggering kick drum in MODO Drum

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:42 pm

Make sure on the Mapping page of MODO DRUM you are using a CC (continuous control) value. If that doesn't fix it, IK Support can assist you directly. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby SeanMacNutt1 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:32 pm

the cc value is 1. I tried changing it to 2 but no effect. I tried On and Off settings as well, no difference, the kick is still being triggered.

Is there a different cc value I should use? What's the best way to involve support?
SeanMacNutt1

Postby jsaundteam » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:05 pm

Any update on this? I have the same problem.
jsaundteam

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:15 pm

jsaundteam wrote:Any update on this? I have the same problem.

This is a very old post, I'd recommend reaching out to IK Support via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw if you have not already done so. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS