No Upgrade Price for MODO BASS Users?

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

No Upgrade Price for MODO BASS Users?

Postby pjmathers » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:35 am

I just want to make sure I understand this... As someone who paid full price for MODO Bass when it was just hitting the market. You're telling me that now I have to pay full price again for what is basically a repackaged version of the same thing with a few upgrades, and a couple of new models. You're not even giving original users a crossgrade discount? Am I reading this right or am I missing something?
pjmathers

Re: No Upgrade Price for MODO BASS Users?

Postby DarkStar » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:23 am

MODO Bass 2 is 349.99
The Upgrade to MODO Bass 2 is 199.99
And, the Upgrade to the MODO Bass 2 and MODO Drum 1.5 is also 199.99 :shock:

All prices exclude taxes.

Have a look in the Crossgrades/Upgrades section of your User Area on the IK Multimedia web site for the offers available to you (based on the products Registered to your User Account).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby pjmathers » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:24 pm

Ok... Gotcha... In that case, I am seeing the upgrade price, and just think it's overpriced. Thanks for the clarification. Peace.
pjmathers

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:04 pm

$25 per new bass ($17.50 if you use 30% JamPoints) + 1500 patterns, and all the other new features and quality of MODO BASS 2 seems fair to me but noted. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby pjmathers » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:44 am

I can't demo the new basses without buying them outright @ $70 a pop which seems way overpriced since they're $25 if you buy the whole thing. I'm not sure I would even use the new models since I can't hear them first. I'm just saying, drop $50 on the upgrade price, and I think that's reasonable. Now if there was a way you could integrate directly with Amplitube, and create custom patterns with custom velocities and articulations (which, if possible, I haven't found yet), then I'd say $199. Just my opinion. Peace.
pjmathers

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:42 pm

The upgrade was 149.99 for months after the release. If you missed that, please make sure you are signed up for the IK newsletter to get timely information.

At this time you could take more the $50 off if you have enough JamPoints. Thanks!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Seanmj777 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:12 pm

Hey folks,

I bought Modo bass 1, and downloaded modo bass 2. If I just bought one of the new basses… say the upright… would it credit that towards the upgrade price of $199?

Sean Meredith-Jones
Seanmj777

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:49 pm

Seanmj777 wrote:Hey folks,

I bought Modo bass 1, and downloaded modo bass 2. If I just bought one of the new basses… say the upright… would it credit that towards the upgrade price of $199?

Sean Meredith-Jones

No they do not but currently you'd get three more free in our 4-for-all promotion. In which case it might be a better deal to get the upgrade and three more products worth 199.99 or less.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS