Can't Open Modo Drum Plugin without Freeze

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Can't Open Modo Drum Plugin without Freeze

Postby N2MBacon » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:04 am

I can open a session where I have Modo Drum already on a track and MIDI input works fine off of my controller but the moment I click on the Mododrum insert in Protools Studio the plugin window opens and does not load anything and after about 30 seconds will freeze protools and I have to restart it. Any tips would be amazing! I'm not doing anything crazy over here two instrument tracks and four midi tracks at the moment. Tried opening protools as admin also and no change.
N2MBacon

Re: Can't Open Modo Drum Plugin without Freeze

Postby DarkStar » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:15 am

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Some questions first:
-- has the plug-in ever worked?
-- does the stand-alone MODO Drum program work OK
-- does your CPU support AVX instructions?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby N2MBacon » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:49 pm

Yeah the plugin worked when I added it as an insert and I was able to change elements and insert grooves into protools. But after I was done for the day and opened the project the next day, the plugin won't open. Modo Drum standalone works and my processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X does support AVX and AVX2.

Trying to add it on a brand new project with nothing other than an instrument track causes the same issue.
N2MBacon

Postby N2MBacon » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:48 pm

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin. This issue does not happen with MODO Bass.
N2MBacon

Postby DarkStar » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:13 am

Other users may chip in, but meanwhile the best thing to do is contact Technical Support, after searching the FAQs, for one to one diagnosis and help.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS