MODO Drums/Bass Question?

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

MODO Drums/Bass Question?

Postby Tunes666 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:25 pm

Hi folks.

I recently purchased all the TRacks plugins as well as Modi drums and bass and really pleased with what I have.

I was just curious if anyone knows. The effects that are accessible within Modo Drum, are these basically the stand alone plugins installed within the modo drums instrument? or are they different? they sound the same.

Question also applies to modo bass and the built in amp sim, is that taken from Amplitube models?

Any feedback would be appreciated..
Tunes666

Re: MODO Drums/Bass Question?

Postby Promidi » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:27 pm

From the MODO Drum Info page:

“Full mixer with effects derived from T-RackS & AmpliTube”

From the MODO Bass 2 Info page:

“All effects derived from world-class models in AmpliTube 5 Custom Shop”
Promidi

Postby Tunes666 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:42 pm

Jolly good, thanks!
Tunes666

Postby racoons13 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:25 am

Can Modo Drums and Modo Bass be used as Sound modules and have them triggered by an electronic drum set for the Modo Drums and maybe a Keyboard/Midi Controller for the Modo Bass?

The goal is to use the excellent sounds of each Modo Drums and Modo Bass and play them in real time like real instruments and eventually jam then practice for the next biggest band in the world! All for fun of course!!
racoons13

Postby Tunes666 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:39 am

Yes they can be controlled via a midi controller of choice, Be it a midi kit or keyboard.
Tunes666

Postby racoons13 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:17 am

Where can I find instructions on how to control Modo Bass and Modo Drums with a midi controller? I'd like to control them both using a Midi Controller/Keyboard, separately of course.
Then, I want to control Modo Drums with my electronic drum kit pads.Please, point me to the instructions for each of these,

Thank you!
racoons13

Postby HarmerWiltriz33 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:02 am

I'm a Toontrack user as well (for realistic drums). It seems IK is hit or miss with certain plugs. They absolutely knocked it out of the park with Amplitube 5. That suite is so impressive, it kind of makes me want to try everything they make. I recently got Mixbox as well, and I can't even wrap my head around why it doesn't constantly show up in production videos on YouTube. I kinda feel like Mixbox is a secret weapon for effect plugins. It really is that good.
HarmerWiltriz33

Postby DarkStar » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:53 am

racoons13 wrote:Where can I find instructions on how to control Modo Bass and Modo Drums with a midi controller? I'd like to control them both using a Midi Controller/Keyboard, separately of course.
Then, I want to control Modo Drums with my electronic drum kit pads.Please, point me to the instructions for each of these,

Thank you!

The MIDI control features are covered in the product user manuals. The manuals were installed when the software was installed. You can also get them from your User Area / My Products section of the IKM web site (also accessible via the IK Product Manager).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby anilnc » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:27 pm

Hi,

I just reinstalled Windows and thought installed the MD 1.5 and have some doubts about the contents of MD1 and MD1.5. As before reinstalling windows 10, I already installed MD1 I have these contents in the separate drive. While the new MD 1.5 installed the content in default location, I was about to merge the new ones into the separate drive where MD 1 contents were installed.

MD1 has 3 additional files each holding 3GB named as ModoDrumData_000.pak, ModoDrumData_001.pak and ModoDrumData_002.pak. And MD1.5 don't have these 3.

Why didn't the new installation didn't install these 3? What are these 3 files? Should I keep them or delete?

Please advice. Below is the screenshot, left side having old content installation of MD 1, and right side the new 1.5 installation.

Thanks & Regards
Anil

[img][img]https://i.ibb.co/NmY0wHC/MD-contents.jpg[/img][/img]
ST4, Syn2, Syn1, iLoud Micro
Windows 10x64, i7 7700k 4.2ghz, 32GB RAM, 3 internal HDD, Audio and Samples, Macbook Pro 2017 i7, 16GB. macOS Monterey
Cubase 12, RME UCX, MSI 1050gtx GamingX 2G, Nektar P4, PadKontrol
anilnc

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS