Volume mixer modo drums

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Volume mixer modo drums

Postby rolnorx1 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:36 pm

Sorry for this ignorant question:
I want to turn down the level on the hi-hat but in the mixer it wount go down as low as I want?
How do I do this right?
rolnorx1

Re: Volume mixer modo drums

Postby rolnorx1 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:34 pm

I could turn down velocity in the midi-editor but it seems realy crazy, a mixer is built for this very purpose. Only way to get it completety mute now is to set it to mute.
rolnorx1

Postby 9blackoranges » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:30 pm

Hi,
The mixer volume for the high hat is for a mic placed solely on the high hat.

If you open the drum model page , then open Customise, highlight the high hat, then open EDIT ELEMENT you will see volume controls for the high hat being picked up by the Room mic and Overhead mic. Turn these down to zero.

Done
9blackoranges

Postby rolnorx1 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:17 am

Thanx! I really dont feel so stupid, this was a bit complicated. Why is there no control in the mixer for all the outputs from the respective elements? Isnt that somewhat no-good?
It should be a very simple thing to include? There is plenty of space to include even three volume controls for each element in the mixer? These can be made very small like the level controlls for the sends.
GREAT!
rolnorx1

Postby ontologist » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:30 pm

rolnorx1 wrote:Why is there no control in the mixer for all the outputs from the respective elements?

There is!

Have a look at the Master section of the mixer and you will find 3 buttons above the fader.

If you click on the OH/ROOM button, then the sends for each channel will now show on/off switches and level controls for both 'ROOM' and 'OH'.

It's all explained in the user manual.
ontologist

Postby rolnorx1 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:34 pm

Great! Thanx. It seems natural that this would be the case. Nice forum, good answeres.
rolnorx1

Postby rolnorx1 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:25 pm

In all mixers the large linear potintiometers and VU-meters are used, this is a relik from the analog days and they take up a lot of space, they are not necessary, look at the small knobs for volume in the sends, thats all we need really, you mix with your ears, not with the eyes.
rolnorx1

Postby adriandix@rocketmail.com » Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:41 am

If I dont want the room or overhead for the Hihat how do get it louder ?
There is no mic' that I can see in the edit element
adriandix@rocketmail.com

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS