MODO DRUM: Brit Custom Tom 1 R Plays Odd Sound

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

MODO DRUM: Brit Custom Tom 1 R Plays Odd Sound

Postby ontologist » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:33 pm

Whilst editing the Brit Custom kit to add extra toms, I've just discovered that the STICK R hit of TOM 1 (MIDI note number 74) is playing what sounds like a cross between a woodblock and a cowbell mixed in with the actual Tom 1 sound thereby making it unusable.

This doesn't happen with Tom 1 of any other kit, only the Brit Custom, and it happens on the stand-alone version running on Windows 11 and both the VST2 and VST3 plugins in Cakewalk.

Is anyone else able to replicate and confirm this issue? Or is it peculiar to my setup?
ontologist

Re: MODO DRUM: Brit Custom Tom 1 R Plays Odd Sound

Postby Ultimate Performer » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:18 am

ontologist wrote:Whilst editing the Brit Custom kit to add extra toms, I've just discovered that the STICK R hit of TOM 1 (MIDI note number 74) is playing what sounds like a cross between a woodblock and a cowbell mixed in with the actual Tom 1 sound thereby making it unusable.

This doesn't happen with Tom 1 of any other kit, only the Brit Custom, and it happens on the stand-alone version running on Windows 11 and both the VST2 and VST3 plugins in Cakewalk.

Is anyone else able to replicate and confirm this issue? Or is it peculiar to my setup?

I checked this...it's a stick hitting the rim....probably the only kit that has a rim sound and I am sure it's unintentional as MODO DRUM has left/right articulations ..no tom rims..
It is clipping badly in the Mixer .. and you can't make out the head even if the fader is all the way down.If you noticed..not one of the Brit Custom presets have Tom1 activated so I suspect they may know about it..
Chaser @ alesisDRUMMER
Ultimate Performer

Re: MODO DRUM: Brit Custom Tom 1 R Plays Odd Sound

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:48 am

They don't create presets in a way that would circumvent an issue on purpose. If you have an issue with any IK plugin, please report it to IK Support and they will happily assist you and either fix directly or report to the devs if necessary. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS