MODOBASS 2 volume lower than MODOBASS?

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

MODOBASS 2 volume lower than MODOBASS?

Postby Tom Kearney » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:09 pm

Hello!

I'm enjoying the new stuff in MODOBASS2 - especially the fretless and uprights!

However, it seems like the volume is quite a bit less then the SAME basses in MODOBASS.

For example, the "80s TV Series" preset in MODOBASS2 is a lot lower than on the original. I see the same behavior with my custom presets.

Has anyone else noticed this? I'm using the latest Reaper on Windows 10.

I could increase the fader volume, of course, but that would make it more difficult to upgrade old projects to MODOBASS2 (I'd have to carefully adjust each occurrence in each project).

Thanks for any insight!

Tom Kearney
Tom Kearney

Re: MODOBASS 2 volume lower than MODOBASS?

Postby jonny_g » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:15 pm

I've noticed exactly the same thing. I also use Reaper but I also occasionally use Ableton Live and it's the same in that.
Another thing I've found in v2 is that if I remove the bridge pickup from the Violin bass model the neck pickup volume is about half what it was with the bridge pickup in place. However, with both pickups in place but the bridge volume turned right off the front pickup works at the correct volume. It's not a big deal, but it didn't happen in v1.5 and it is odd. It may happen with other models but life's too short to check them all for a minor problem when I could be doing something else.
jonny_g

Postby Tom Kearney » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:21 pm

jonny_g wrote:I've noticed exactly the same thing. I also use Reaper but I also occasionally use Ableton Live and it's the same in that.
Another thing I've found in v2 is that if I remove the bridge pickup from the Violin bass model the neck pickup volume is about half what it was with the bridge pickup in place. However, with both pickups in place but the bridge volume turned right off the front pickup works at the correct volume. It's not a big deal, but it didn't happen in v1.5 and it is odd. It may happen with other models but life's too short to check them all for a minor problem when I could be doing something else.

Thanks for responding, jonny_g!

I checked the amp settings, etc., but the presets look the same in 1.5 vs. 2.0. It could be something silly like microphone placements… but as you say, life’s too short to obsess about it!

Let’s enjoy making some music!

Tom
Tom Kearney

Postby mhalloran » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:52 am

I know this is an old thread but has anyone figured this out? Fortunately, MODO Bass is doing what I need on this project but I would like to explore 2 a bit more — difficult when I can't hear it very well.
mhalloran

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS