Modo Bass 2 "round robin"

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Modo Bass 2 "round robin"

Postby Kybersam1 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:42 pm

Hey,

So i know Modo Bass doesn't have round robin but I'd like to know if there's a way to control how it plays repeating notes..? Some kind of manual way to reset the "articulation" – other than adding a midi note off between the notes.

I've noticed that on lower frets on the E string I'm often not happy with the way two repeating notes sound. I think I'd rather have the "machine gun" sample effect than two consecutive notes that sound completely different ;)
Kybersam1

Re: Modo Bass 2 "round robin"

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:03 pm

Technically it has infinite round robin since it isn't sampled, it is physical modeling so each note is different in a realistic way as a bass player would play it. If you feel that the consecutive notes are not realistic in your project I'd suggest consulting IK Support, they may have better advice based on your specific content and help you get the most out of MODO BASS 2.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Kybersam1 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:06 pm

thanks! I'll contact them and try to elaborate my issue a little better.

so far the only solution I've found is to leave a, say, 64th note gap between the notes which makes the consecutive notes sound nice and even – but obviously makes the bassline totally different..
Kybersam1

Postby arrand » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:49 pm

Have you tried turning 'alternate up/down strokes, or middle/index finger' to just down strokes or middle finger? That should make it sound more uniform.
arrand

Postby Kybersam1 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:03 am

i think the issue/feature lies in the way a note's detach noise (even when turned all the way to 0) and the next note's attack noise interact. there's obviously some kind of overlap, and it's more prominent the lower the notes are – which is why i didn't consider it a issue until the lower notes on the e string :)
Kybersam1

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS