MODO BASS 2 - OUT NOW!

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

MODO BASS 2 - OUT NOW!

Postby jih64 » Thu May 26, 2022 12:34 pm

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/modobass2/

Fire up the IK Product Manager or download from your Account, which ever is your poison.
jih64

Re: MODO BASS 2 - OUT NOW!

Postby dancairney » Thu May 26, 2022 11:53 pm

Just fired it up. They sound fantastic. Main problem. Upright and Rockabilly lock up my computer and i have to restart. The little "speaker" icon in the upper right corner light's up, it makes a weird noise and Taaddaaa- computer lock. Everything else is great. Except the upright and rockabilly. Sorry for the bad news.
dancairney

Postby thedanielroy410 » Fri May 27, 2022 12:37 am

I'm having the same problem with the two upright basses in Reaper. Other basses work fine (though the fretless sounds like a fretted bass, I'll deal with that later). If I select the upright bass and play a note it makes this terrifying, shrill sound, then locks up reaper and I have to kill the process in task manager. The uprights work fine in the stand alone app.
thedanielroy410

Postby knelt » Fri May 27, 2022 7:41 am

What the hell did you guys do to the slide from sustain function? That was one of the best parts of MODO Bass and it just doesn't work any more?
knelt

Postby jih64 » Fri May 27, 2022 8:25 am

dancairney wrote:Just fired it up. They sound fantastic. Main problem. Upright and Rockabilly lock up my computer and i have to restart. The little "speaker" icon in the upper right corner light's up, it makes a weird noise and Taaddaaa- computer lock. Everything else is great. Except the upright and rockabilly. Sorry for the bad news.

thedanielroy410 wrote:I'm having the same problem with the two upright basses in Reaper. Other basses work fine (though the fretless sounds like a fretted bass, I'll deal with that later). If I select the upright bass and play a note it makes this terrifying, shrill sound, then locks up reaper and I have to kill the process in task manager. The uprights work fine in the stand alone app.

No problems here, Studio One 5.5.2, Windows 10.
jih64

Postby jeffski1971 » Fri May 27, 2022 9:14 am

I was having a similar problem until I went straight to the mics section and changed the position of the mics first.
jeffski1971

Postby mqbernardo » Fri May 27, 2022 10:34 am

notes above F3 on the models with more than 4 strings just gives me a low B. does this happen to someone else? Mac M1, Ableton live.

best,
Miguel.
mqbernardo

Postby thedanielroy410 » Fri May 27, 2022 12:58 pm

thedanielroy410 wrote:I'm having the same problem with the two upright basses in Reaper. Other basses work fine (though the fretless sounds like a fretted bass, I'll deal with that later). If I select the upright bass and play a note it makes this terrifying, shrill sound, then locks up reaper and I have to kill the process in task manager. The uprights work fine in the stand alone app.

Just wanted to add I'm using Reaper v6.58 and windows 11.
thedanielroy410

Postby pumafred » Fri May 27, 2022 2:59 pm

jeffski1971 wrote:I was having a similar problem until I went straight to the mics section and changed the position of the mics first.

Will try this!
pumafred

Postby pumafred » Fri May 27, 2022 3:02 pm

Same problem, but also for standalone. (Windows 10)
pumafred

Postby mojocosm@gmail.com » Sat May 28, 2022 1:16 am

Question: I have MODO Bass 1.5.2 and MODO Bass 2.0.1 both installed on my Mac for Pro Tools. Is there any reason to have both of them installed other than backwards compatibility with older session? Does, say Thunder Bass, sound identical in both versions? Any help is appreciated.
mojocosm@gmail.com

Postby boogerfingerz » Sat May 28, 2022 8:45 pm

Just curious before I upgrade to MODO Bass 2. Have they fixed the issue where the bass constantly goes out of tune? I've submitted a few support tickets to fix this with MODO Bass 1, along with a number of other people I've seen on this forum. As far as I know, the issue has never been fixed with MODO1
boogerfingerz

Postby Peter_IK » Sat May 28, 2022 11:54 pm

99.9% of those issues were with a MIDI setting being set and not noticed. Those and others that were reported to IK Support were resolved for the people who reported them.

MODO BASS 2 adds a "panic" button that you can use which will most certainly reset whatever has caused your bass to go out of tune, added so that people didn't need to go to support to rectify the MIDI setting/issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dancairney » Mon May 30, 2022 12:12 pm

In the standalone yes, changing the mic position makes it work, not lock up and no noise. VST is still impossible. Win 10, all upgrades and new Dell 8940.
dancairney

Postby dancairney » Mon May 30, 2022 12:57 pm

Interesting note on the upright crash/noise problem in VST. Open up upright and slow down the BPM to 10 and play a pattern. It doesn't crash and you can hear the source of the problem clearly. It sounds like galloping horses. Feedback. Speed it up and it builds and crashes.
dancairney

Next

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS