Modo Bass and Modo Drum on new M1 Macs - nightmare or not th

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Modo Bass and Modo Drum on new M1 Macs - nightmare or not th

Postby PaulRajeshMEzra5 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:53 am

Hi

So I just ordered a new Mac Mini 16gb/256SSD with the M1. I have come to rely on Modo Bass and Modo Drum. I produce in Logic. I’m coming from a 2017 iMac with Mojave on it that’s pretty stable but I couldn’t resist the new M1 machines. I’m going to build this new machine from scratch on Big Sur. I know I’m going to have plugin issues but I’m hoping they get worked out eventually. I’ll use the Rosetta emulation to start, not much Native M1 support yet, I know.

So what about Modo Bass and Modo Drum? Anyone been thru this yet?

I’ve got loads of other IK Multimedia stuff as well, but these two I really need.

Please advise and maybe say a short prayer for me :-)

THANKS
PaulRajeshMEzra5

Re: Modo Bass and Modo Drum on new M1 Macs - nightmare or no

Postby mqbernardo » Mon May 02, 2022 2:34 pm

they work fine with rosetta. in Ableton (the DAW I use) running natively you can still use them in AU format.
mqbernardo

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 02, 2022 4:17 pm

mqbernardo wrote:they work fine with rosetta. in Ableton (the DAW I use) running natively you can still use them in AU format.

Note that MODO DRUM 1.5 is native M1, though, so it would not need Rosetta (just in case anybody didn't know this and may get confused). And MODO BASS 2 (coming this month) will be M1 native too.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mqbernardo » Tue May 03, 2022 11:02 am

so there's an update I skipped. thanks for the info. anyway, now I´ll just wait for version 2
mqbernardo

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS