Question about MODO Bass (1) [Resolved]

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Question about MODO Bass (1) [Resolved]

Postby HenrikErlandsson1 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:54 am

MODO BASS (1) was hot in 2017, now I tried to check it on your website and it's simply not there. All paths including MODO BASS and MODO BASS SE listed here only lead to MODO BASS 2. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/serachresu ... odo%20bass

I'm happy with MODO BASS 1 and would like to buy it, because MODO BASS 2 is very expensive.

My question is if IK Multimedia honors the purchase of MODO BASS from an online music store, or if it considers MODO BASS deprecated, unsupported, and worthless?

If yes, then I will not pay for a plugin from you, because it seems likely the same will happen for MODO BASS 2 in a few years. This would be too bad, because I liked it.
HenrikErlandsson1

Re: Question about the plugin

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:55 am

MODO BASS 1 was on deep discount before MODO BASS 2 was announced. MODO BASS 2 crossgrade (if you have any IK product worth $/€99.99 or more registered) is $/€199.99 which is far lower than MODO BASS 1 was priced upon release.

Anybody who currently has MODO BASS 1 can tell you it is far from worthless, and MODO BASS 2 won't be worthless if a new version comes out (and as I'm sure many will be able to say when it is released soon). MODO BASS 1 was discontinued, and I know that can be disappointing but it does happen sometimes when new software comes out.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby HenrikErlandsson1 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:55 pm

My fear was that MODO BASS 1 might become worthless. Such as by obsoleting the previous product and replacing it with the new product. It seems you have done this in your store.

My question is this: I'm sure MODO BASS 2 is excellent, but I think MODO BASS 1 is all I need, and the product is sold at another legitimate online music store. If I buy MODO BASS 1, will the product still work, or have you deactivated the license keys of MODO BASS 1?

I ask this because I'm used to instruments that can be owned, function regardless of whether the maker is even still in business or not, and retain some value after purchase.
HenrikErlandsson1

Postby DarkStar » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:12 am

I reckon that you should be able to buy MODO Bass 1 (from an authorized IK Multimedia dealer or by a Transfer from another IK Multimedia user) and Register it. Licence keys for legacy products are not deactivated.

It is not worthless. And it will continue to run for ever (or as long as your computer lasts :)). But as Peter, if you have (or get) any IKM product with a list value of 99.99 or more. the current Crossgrade to MODO Bass 2 at 1.99.99 is worth considering.

(All prices exclude taxes.)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby HenrikErlandsson1 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:31 pm

Thanks for answers. I'm sorry if I asked intimidating questions, it's just that commercial software uses EULAs written to protect the publisher. This means you must ask about policy; I haven't bought from IKM before, and I was buying a product that didn't have a product page on the website.

I read a favorable recent customer review, so I purchased it and it seems to work well with Reaper.
HenrikErlandsson1

Re: Question about the plugin [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:00 pm

No problem. It is always better to ask and seek clear answers.

You will find a lot to like in MODO BAss (whichever version you bought). :)

-------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS