Modo Drum - Sound library installation issues?

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Modo Drum - Sound library installation issues?

Postby dickiefunk » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:10 pm

Hi,

I have Modo Drums 1.5 which came with the Total Studio Max 3.5 bundle I bought. I have downloaded and installed the complete sound library but when I load Modo Drums those libraries won't load and tell's me they're not downloaded and I need to do this?
dickiefunk

Re: Modo Drum - Sound library installation issues?

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:17 pm

Please check this FAQ and if that does not work, contact IK Support directly and they will happily assist you: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1429
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dickiefunk » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:47 pm

Thankyou Peter. Yes I've already done this. Will send an email to tech support.
dickiefunk

Postby JackSuisse1 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:30 pm

[Windows 11, version 1.5]
Doesn't work if you choose a different installation folder.

So what happenens when you choose a different installation folder (custom installation):
  • On first start it says drum model is not installed and leads you to the product manager where you don't find the STUDIO package.
  • On second start it recognizes that the Sound content folder is at a different location. Ok I set that folder correctly in the settings. (should be already set while being installed as I chose that different folder)
  • On third start it says "Factory sound content pak file is missing, please reinstall MODO DRUM". This can't be fixed by the user.

As there is no uninstall option from the product manager, I uninstalled it using the Windows deinstallation feature. Then I reinstalled from the product manager using default install location (C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\MODO DRUM in my case) but don't get it to work, still says "Factory sound content pak file is missing..." (but this file "ModoDrumFactoryContent.pak" is in the installation folder) --> deadlock

BTW, all MODO DRUM related paths in the windows registry seem to be set correrctly.

This ist a software bug, please fix this.
JackSuisse1

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:31 pm

Sorry to hear you are having issues. If you feel you've found a bug please report it to IK Support so they can recreate and get full details and relay to the devs if necessary. Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Jaredkranz1 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:03 am

Hi,

I was wondering if this issue was ever fixed as am having the same problems?

Cheers

JK
Jaredkranz1

Postby 777navaga » Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:13 pm

Hi, same problem here. Can anything be done to it?
777navaga

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:20 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Sorry to hear you are having issues. If you feel you've found a bug please report it to IK Support so they can recreate and get full details and relay to the devs if necessary. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby 777navaga » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:36 pm

thank you.
777navaga

Postby kerdig » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:33 am

HI,

I also have the same issue, any news on this bugfix?

Thanks
kerdig

Postby DarkStar » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:07 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Sorry to hear you are having issues. If you feel you've found a bug please report it to IK Support so they can recreate and get full details and relay to the devs if necessary. Thank you.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby duminakken » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:27 pm

I have just bought this and have the same issue. I have been back and forth with tech support for a few days now - doesn't seem like they have a clue what' wrong. This vers 1.5 simply doesn't work. The previous version is fine
duminakken

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:41 pm

Reply that their suggestions aren't working, they do understand how to fix issues (they do every day) and 1.5 definitely works for many so they can get you in that group for sure.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby duminakken » Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:40 pm

I would love to get it working - but we keep going in circles getting me to try stuff that I informed I already tried before even contacting support. I have of course tried it again to no avail - and then support stopped really communicating
duminakken

Postby Jay-Poty1 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:43 pm

same problem here, installed as part of studiomax3.5!
I had installed on different ssd and path, not working, last error "factory sound ... missing, please reinstall"; done this once, same problem! everything, exe.prog and all .pak sound files are installed and here in the same path....
Jay-Poty1

Next

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS