Modo Drums 1.5 / missing kits and presets

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Modo Drums 1.5 / missing kits and presets

Postby LKBorg42 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:08 pm

Hej, the title says it all

for the 3 missing kits I already wrote to support but what’s bugging me are the missing presets for the mixer and other elements. Which isn’t what I know from my other IK products (T-Racks and Amplitube). I installed it for the third time now and still nothing to see.

Is there some installation error (files landing in nirvana) or are there not presets for the mixer etc.?

cheers and happy Easter
LKBorg42

Re: Modo Drums 1.5 / missing kits and presets

Postby marclaclear » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:17 pm

I am missing the 3 new kits too. I have the full modo drum license with the latest 1.5 installed.
marclaclear

Postby LKBorg42 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:21 pm

Yup, glad I'm not the only one.

Then it's definitely something in the installer which isn't right. Same with the presets that I'm missing. Let's see what support says, I already opened a ticket. :)
LKBorg42

Postby marclaclear » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:24 pm

LKBorg42 wrote:Yup, glad I'm not the only one.

Then it's definitely something in the installer which isn't right. Same with the presets that I'm missing. Let's see what support says, I already opened a ticket. :)
If you wouldn't mind posting back here when they do that'd be excellent.
marclaclear

Postby LKBorg42 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:30 pm

Will do. Guess I'm not the only one with a new Drums license then and the missing packs.
LKBorg42

Postby Ultimate Performer » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:06 am

LKBorg42 wrote:Will do. Guess I'm not the only one with a new Drums license then and the missing packs.

I presume you did the v1.5 update..did you download/install the New Kits?.
V1.1.5 the drum kits are now individual PAK files.You need to use the Product manage and go under Sounds..you'll see the Kits as individual PAK files
The downloads show larger PAK files but there are common elements that do not get installed for each/ever download once they have been installed
I had a lot of problems with the v1.1.3 update/upgrade to v1.5...
The solution for me was to De-Authorize and just remove everything and do a proper Full install for v1.5 since the kits are now individual and eventually down the road I see more problems with kits being both individual files and 10 kits being in 3 large PAK files..

Like most.. the sound downloads showed expired..I chose to do the reactivation fee ..9.95 less Jam points so for 6.95 not only did I get all the kits in individual files/downloads..but also ALL libraries/Sounds for ALL products were extended for 180 days.
So for the 6.95 I was also able to download/backup all the product libraries as I had a HDD fail..making the reactivation fee worth it..when you are finished the "Sound Content Folder" and it's location will look like this.You can see the date (3/28) I did the reactivation and FREE v1.5..then the v1.5 purchase (4/3) with the 3 new kits after I was satisfied there were no problems.

The Studio Kit is not an individual PAK file as it is now a FREE kit included as part of the Factory Content pak included in the install...
Chaser @ alesisDRUMMER
Ultimate Performer

Postby LKBorg42 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:03 am

Thx, but no. It's a complete fresh buy.

All is v1.5, but I have no mixer presets and the 3 kits that apparently came new with 1.5 aren't even in my "sounds download" anywhere.

Already made a support ticket but hoped for a quick solution from the hivemind! :)
LKBorg42

Postby marclaclear » Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:10 pm

LKBorg42 wrote:Thx, but no. It's a complete fresh buy.

All is v1.5, but I have no mixer presets and the 3 kits that apparently came new with 1.5 aren't even in my "sounds download" anywhere.

Already made a support ticket but hoped for a quick solution from the hivemind! :)

I can confirm the same thing for my install.
marclaclear

Postby LKBorg42 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:11 pm

Anyone else with a new Modo Drum with any word from support yet?

Maybe the old Custom Shop version everyone got thrown at them threw a wrench in the system, but even after a complete clear of the library Modo is still just asking me to pay extra for the 3 kits... which, nope, clearly I won't do when I just bought MAX! xD
LKBorg42

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:27 pm

LKBorg42 wrote:Anyone else with a new Modo Drum with any word from support yet?

Maybe the old Custom Shop version everyone got thrown at them threw a wrench in the system, but even after a complete clear of the library Modo is still just asking me to pay extra for the 3 kits... which, nope, clearly I won't do when I just bought MAX! xD

Total Studio 3.5 MAX does not include the three new kits, it includes MODO DRUM 1.0 per https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ts3/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby LKBorg42 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:29 pm

What?

That's a joke right?

You put together a MAX bundle, to get all the things inside as MAX and not everything inside is MAX'ed?!
LKBorg42

Postby LKBorg42 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:33 pm

And it's definitely v.1.5 that's in my library, not 1.0, so that's not even true.

Besides, that marketing stunt definitely isn't gonna get me to buy the 3 kits for more money. No way. This is alienating customers 101!
LKBorg42

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:37 pm

LKBorg42 wrote:What?

That's a joke right?

You put together a MAX bundle, to get all the things inside as MAX and not everything inside is MAX'ed?!

Total Studio 3.5 MAX contains what was available upon its release. It is similar to other bundles (with similar wording like complete...).

It isn't a joke nor is it unique to IK to have such bundles. The web site lists exactly what is included, too. And it says MODO DRUM 1.0 which is what was included with Total Studio 3.5 MAX and why you don't have those three kits. You can use the base MODO DRUM 1.5 of course, just not with those three kits unless you purchase them.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:38 pm

There's no "marketing stunt" - Total Studio 3.5 MAX is well-documented on our web site and lists exactly what is included.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby LKBorg42 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:47 pm

It's definitely a marketing stunt when you market something as "MAX" and list all of your products, the customer expect then to get all the things inside as MAX, your most superior bundle naming scheme. As it is with Amplitube or T-Racks etc. you get the MAX versions.

So, I, and it seems others were expecting to buy and get everything inside as MAX versions and not some marketing stunt where I had to read the fineprint that in fact, NOT all inside is a MAX version.

This is supposed to be your (IK's) super, duper, top bundle and you cheap out on some measly kits and to force customers to spend even more money on the thing?

If I buy ANY other bundle at a company, like Native Instruments "Ultimate", I get the newest, the best, the full package. That's what the superior bundles are for: to let your company shine [mod redacted - please review the rules and guidelines of this forum before posting]
Last edited by LKBorg42 on Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LKBorg42

Next

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS