MODO Bass 2 Upgrade price

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Re: MODO Bass 2 Upgrade price

Postby ontologist » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:31 pm

@Peter_IK, on the MODO BASS 2 announcement page it states that "All owners of MODO BASS 1 can upgrade to MODO BASS 2 for a limited time for only $/€149.99".

Do you know if this 'limited time' period will extend to after we've had a chance to evaluate the new upright and fretless basses?
ontologist

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:26 pm

ontologist wrote:@Peter_IK, on the MODO BASS 2 announcement page it states that "All owners of MODO BASS 1 can upgrade to MODO BASS 2 for a limited time for only $/€149.99".

Do you know if this 'limited time' period will extend to after we've had a chance to evaluate the new upright and fretless basses?

I am not sure if this will be extended after the release, but I will relay that suggestion. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby puranon » Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:32 pm

Peter_IK wrote:This feature request has been relayed to the developers. Thank you.

So where are the repeat last note keyswitches on the MODO Bass 2 control page?

PerryD wrote: Fretted slides could still use some attention. Perhaps a key switch that would allow you to actually play a gliss on the keyboard. Then you could more easily control the speed, dynamics and target note of the slide.
A "repeat last note" key switch would be great for fast repeated articulations.
-Perry-
puranon

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:42 pm

A feature request being relayed does not mean it is guaranteed to be implemented. I don't see this feature in the available information for MODO BASS 2 but I will remind the team of the request.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ontologist » Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:58 pm

Peter_IK wrote:I am not sure if this will be extended after the release...

Thank you for your response Peter.

Will you be able to let us know in advance whether or not the upgrade offer is going to be available after the release of MODO BASS 2?

And if it won't be, please can you inform us about when the offer is due to expire?
ontologist

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:01 pm

ontologist wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:I am not sure if this will be extended after the release...

Thank you for your response Peter.

Will you be able to let us know in advance whether or not the upgrade offer is going to be available after the release of MODO BASS 2?

And if it won't be, please can you inform us about when the offer is due to expire?

I will if I have that information but at this time it is not stated specifically.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Joeystebanuk56 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:36 pm

Peter. What functions won't be available with Modo Bass 2 CS and how many patterns will be available compared to the full version.
Joeystebanuk56

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:40 pm

Joeystebanuk56 wrote:Peter. What functions won't be available with Modo Bass 2 CS and how many patterns will be available compared to the full version.

You won't have the fretless option for fretted basses (and vice-versa) and there are a limited amount of patterns but I don't have the exact number. For those features you'd need to have SE or full MODO BASS 2, similar to how AmplITube 5 works.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Joeystebanuk56 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:54 pm

Thanks Peter. I already have Modo Bass 1 but I would also like to get the CS because of the patterns and what seems to be somewhat of a change in Control. I don't need or want any of the new bass options in Modo 2 except for maybe the upright bass. So will having Modo Bass 1 and the free CS present any type of technical problem ? I'm also having a persistent issue with Modo Bass so I'm curious if the same issue occurs in CS.
Joeystebanuk56

Postby jesussaddle » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:19 pm

I am hoping to evaluate whether there are no glitches in MODO BASS 2 as well. Its one of the things I try to do before paying an (albeit fair, providing the functions work as expected) upgrade price.
jesussaddle

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:41 pm

You will be able to test general functionality using MODO BASS 2 CS if you prefer to wait until release to use it before you order.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mrbender » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:23 am

Peter_IK wrote:You will be able to test general functionality using MODO BASS 2 CS if you prefer to wait until release to use it before you order.

So Peter,

1. OK, so to be totally clear on this, will the discounted $149 price for existing users of Modo Bass v1 continue AFTER MODO BASS 2 CS is available for download, so we can test/try it, and if we like it, be able to buy MODO BASS 2 at the discounted $149 price for existing users?

2. If so, when will the discounted $149 price for existing users expire (what date, or an approximation if there is no date)?

3. When (what date, or approximation if there's no date set yet) will MODO BASS 2 CS be available for download?
mrbender

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:57 pm

mrbender wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:You will be able to test general functionality using MODO BASS 2 CS if you prefer to wait until release to use it before you order.

So Peter,

1. OK, so to be totally clear on this, will the discounted $149 price for existing users of Modo Bass v1 continue AFTER MODO BASS 2 CS is available for download, so we can test/try it, and if we like it, be able to buy MODO BASS 2 at the discounted $149 price for existing users?

2. If so, when will the discounted $149 price for existing users expire (what date, or an approximation if there is no date)?

3. When (what date, or approximation if there's no date set yet) will MODO BASS 2 CS be available for download?

1. The upgrade price is listed as an introductory price so that means it will likely go up.

2. I don't have a set date but introductory prices are traditionally up until release or a set date if they are announced at release (but this is pre-order so the former rather than the latter).

3. MODO BASS 2 CS will be available when MODO BASS 2 is officially released.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS