MODO Bass 2 Upgrade price

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

MODO Bass 2 Upgrade price

Postby manfex » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:25 am

[Split from the "Official MODO Bass Wish List" thread for focus and clarity.]

I wish for a lower price on Modo bass 2 for Modo bass 1 owners
manfex

Re: Official MODO Bass Wish List!

Postby DarkStar » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:24 pm

MODO Bass 2 is 299.99.

I reckon that you qualify for the upgrade/crossgrade price of 149.99.

All prices exclude VAT etc.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby manfex » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:00 pm

[mod correction 149.99, everybody pays taxes and if you have a problem with those being high please speak to your government], it’s too much for 8 basses when I got 12 for 90€, and it’s a temporary price so it will be more later on
manfex

Postby aastudio » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:26 pm

[mod correction 149.99, everybody pays taxes and if you have a problem with those being high please speak to your government] really... It's much more than a DAW upgrade ??!
Is IK kidding ?
aastudio

Re: MODO Bass 2 Upgrade price

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:09 pm

149.99 is the upgrade pricing. Less than $19/bass, but it is much more than just the new basses anyway.

If you purchased MODO BASS at a deep discount (as at least one person mentions above), this should be an even better deal.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby aastudio » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:51 pm

@Peter_IK, is there a way to upgrade without the 8 new basses ?

I can now imagine MODO Bass 1 will not be updated to support Apple M1 natively without Rosetta 2.
aastudio

Postby manfex » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:29 pm

I didn't want to start a new thread about this (and I didn't, since someone split my wish from another thread without my consent), so let's go open the pandora's box:

[mod redacted - please review the rules, keep it civil]

In the end, the only thing I wished for was a lower upgrade price for existing modo owners, your upgrades used to be free and now you want double the amount I paid for the original.
manfex

Postby DarkStar » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:38 pm

Yes, I split your original post from the Wish List thread, as that thread is intended for feature suggestions and requests.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:07 pm

manfex wrote:In the end, the only thing I wished for was a lower upgrade price for existing modo owners, your upgrades used to be free and now you want double the amount I paid for the original.

The upgrade price is a low and fair pricing for people who have MODO BASS 1. This is a huge new update, a full version release. You can also use your JamPoints to take off an additional up to 30% off.

You say "double the amount" as you purchased MODO BASS 1 during a very deeply-discounted promotion. That a nice score, a great product that you felt was worth the price and one which contained the basses and great features as stated on the tin. Now to upgrade to a major new version, yes there is a charge and it is your upgrade price.

You are free to keep using MODO BASS 1 which is great and does exactly what you purchased it for, or you can upgrade to MODO BASS 2 with the new basses and major leaps in features/sound/etc at your special upgrade pricing. You'd still be in for less than most paid for MODO BASS 1.

Also, this is a completely new version a major version (not point) release, so obviously it is not going to be free.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby emasters » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:45 pm

Hey Peter, looks like a nice upgrade - I'll be getting it. I am surprised there's not a discounted bundle upgrade for those like myself, who one month ago purchased the Modo Drum 1.5 upgrade priced at $79 less the Jam Points discount. If one were to purchase the new bundle for $199 with Jam points, the Modo Drum 1.5 upgrade is now a better value ($25 less expense). A slight bit of buyer's remorse in less than a month, a better deal comes along that earlier buyers don't benefit from. It's not enough $ to deter buying the new Modo Bass upgrade. But it does feel a bit like an East West tactic, where shortly after you purchase something, its value plummets and you feel bad (thus, I don't buy from East West any longer). Cheers.
emasters

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:23 pm

aastudio wrote:I can now imagine MODO Bass 1 will not be updated to support Apple M1 natively without Rosetta 2.

Yes I'd like to know this myself. As many are moving over to Apple Silicon I'd like to see this stated in the new anouncements.

I see no point in making these kinds of investments into software we don't even know will run - Natively - on our systems. I do hope IK understands this.
I picked up quite a bit of gear in the GB some/most of which I have no idea will even work - Natively - on my new M1/2 system.

I don't think this is asking a lot ...
Musical.Alchemy

Postby pvmorgan2000 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:55 pm

aastudio wrote:@Peter_IK, is there a way to upgrade without the 8 new basses ?

I can now imagine MODO Bass 1 will not be updated to support Apple M1 natively without Rosetta 2.

I would also like to know if 1.5 will be getting a native update, or do we have to pay €149.99 for the version 2 update for full native m1 support?
pvmorgan2000

Postby arrand » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:22 am

pvmorgan2000 wrote:
aastudio wrote:@Peter_IK, is there a way to upgrade without the 8 new basses ?

I would also like to know if 1.5 will be getting a native update, or do we have to pay €149.99 for the version 2 update for full native m1 support?

Hopefully it will follow the Amplitube model in that when the free Modo bass 2 CS comes out, Modo 1 owners will have the basses they already own unlocked but won't have access to fretlesss capability, or the expanded groove selection.
arrand

Postby h.van.duin » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:46 am

I am also hoping the basses from 1.5 will work in 2.0 CS.
I would pay for the bass grooves alone but find the upgrade price of € 180,- steep.
h.van.duin

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:06 pm

h.van.duin wrote:I am also hoping the basses from 1.5 will work in 2.0 CS.
I would pay for the bass grooves alone but find the upgrade price of € 180,- steep.

Yes they will but you will only get limited patterns and functionality in MODO BASS 2 CS.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS