Modo Drum Factory sound content.pak file is missing

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Re: Modo Drum Factory sound content.pak file is missing

Postby jm345 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:24 am

I gave up trying to update to 1.5. Back to 1.1.3.
Prolly wait until the next version to try an update unless someone posts a fix.
jm345

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:30 am

If the FAQ doesn't fix your issue, IK Support will. A senior support rep told me today that they have been able to fix the issue for those who have tried the suggestions in the FAQ when that did not work.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:59 pm

Peter_IK wrote:If the FAQ doesn't fix your issue, IK Support will. A senior support rep told me today that they have been able to fix the issue for those who have tried the suggestions in the FAQ when that did not work.

Peter can I just ask one question ? When you installed 1.5, did it install into the 1.5 folder stated below ? I ask because I found the MODO Drum 1.5 installer on my drive, I re-installed and watched where it went. I noticed it installed into the 1.1.3 folder. My 1.5 folder remained empty. I'm asking to better understand so I can explain to Support what is happening. I'm using Win 10 btw.
Perhaps some of us have installers that install to the correct folder, and others have installers, like myself that install to the older 1.1.3 folder ?

Thank you....

FAQ:
Below are the two default locations for MODO DRUM sound content for version 1.5.

MAC: Users -> Shared -> IK Multimedia -> MODO DRUM
PC: C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\MODO DRUM

Below are the two default locations for MODO DRUM sound content for version 1.1.3 and earlier.

MAC: Application Support -> IK Multimedia -> MODO DRUM
PC: C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\MODO DRUM
Musical.Alchemy

Postby Sarahro3 » Wed May 18, 2022 2:53 am

mikebr8on wrote:Well, according to one YT vid I saw, the sounds are reworked and better slope game... I haven't yet had a chance to fully dig in though, but it seems like they just might be.

I'd be curious to know if you have the same experience when upgrading, and if you like the sounds any better. But that's just me. I understand wanting to hold off though.

I've experienced it, although it's not mine but my brother's, but the sound after the upgrade is also quite good, but in my opinion, it hasn't changed much. That is in my opinion.
Sarahro3

Postby Constituent2021 » Sat May 21, 2022 8:48 pm

After considerable frustration and trial and error, I've debugged this issue on my own and here are my findings for other frustrated users. I hope someone finds this useful.
I am speaking only to those who installed Modo Drum CS and then perhaps updated or reinstalled or changed a path and then became stuck with the content pak missing error or worse yet the content pak missing and no way to access changing any paths from within the app. Also I am on mac so can't speak to pc resolution.

First, if you are able to change the path, make sure the following is true:

The following files and directories are in the following locations:

Location = /Library/Application Support/IK Multimedia/MODO DRUM/
Files and Folders =
Grooves ( folder aka directory)
MIDIMapPresets ( folder aka directory)
ModoDrum.pak
ModoDrumConfig.pak
ModoDrumFactoryContent.pak

Location = /Users/Shared/IK Multimedia/MODO DRUM
Files and Folders =
ModoDrumFactoryContent.pak

If any of the above does not exist or is not existent, create any missing folders exactly and copy ( don't move ) files where they should be until you have this exact configuration.

Then, restart ModoDrum and make sure that the sound library path is set to the /Users/Shared/IK Multimedia/MODO DRUM location.

This should get you up and running.

If you aren't able to access the changing of the path option from within the app:

You will need to go to the User Library ( if you don't know how to access this directory, you should probably just submit a ticket with IK and have them walk you through troubleshooting and not mess around in this hidden directory - it's hidden for a reason ;-) ) ...

Location = ~/Library/Preferences/
and find this file ->
com.ikmultimedia.MODODRUM.plist
From within that file ( I used the Visual Studio Code app to make this edit ) You will need to manually edit the "LibraryPath" Key and the "NSNavLastRootDirectory" to state the following path locations:
/Users/Shared/IK Multimedia/MODO DRUM

You may be tempted to simply delete this preference file thinking it will be rebuilt to its default state. It won't, it persists, so go ahead and make the edit.

Optional, but, advised as good practice> Restart your computer at this point.

Open MODO DRUM and you should find that you again have access to change the paths from within the app, but, you shouldn't need to since you already did so manually in the previous step and if your file structure is as initially stated this is the correct path to use anyway.

I believe this is a pretty significant and frustrating bug in the updated Modo Drum 1.5 app. I didn't dig too deep, but, it would appear that the older version installed and looked for the ModoDrumFactoryContent.pak file in the Library/Application Support/IK Multimedia path.

However, the updated version defaults to the /Users/Shared/IK Multimedia path and should the path from within the app be set to the original default path, even if the ModoDrumFactoryContent.pak is there, it will say that it is not there etc. and in certain combinations the app will lock out any ability to change the path.

Not having the ModoDrumFactoryContent.pak in both locations but in the correct combination of path and file/folder data will work in some instances but I wouldn't trust them and would just keep the ModoDrumFactoryContent.pak in both locations and the file path set to the new /Users/Shared/IK Multimedia path in order to have a working 1.5 version and wait until IK Multimedia sorts this bug out in the code logic.
Constituent2021

Postby jm345 » Sun May 22, 2022 4:42 pm

Wow, thanks for posting the fix. I concluded it was an issue with mismatched folders but just duplicating the files in each folder didn't fix it. Yeah, it is a significant bug that IKM needs to address before I am willing to try another version.
jm345

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 23, 2022 1:57 am

There are many using MODO DRUM 1.5 without this issue. If you feel it is a bug (even if not global / for everybody) the only way it would be fixed is if reported to IK Support. Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Constituent2021 » Mon May 23, 2022 2:37 am

Peter_IK wrote:There are many using MODO DRUM 1.5 without this issue. If you feel it is a bug (even if not global / for everybody) the only way it would be fixed is if reported to IK Support. Thank you.

Yes, naturally, that is often how bugs make their way from beta to production and yes, of course. I submitted a query last week and have been waiting on a response in order to bring this up in tandem.

I figured someone from IK probably peruses this forum and might see it here first at best ( bingo ;) thank you ) and at worst it might help someone like myself not pull their hair out any further on the hamster wheel of download, install, reinstall, remove, rework, download, install, reinstall, remove and so on and so on.
Constituent2021

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 23, 2022 3:14 pm

Yes, good for me as well as users to see here too. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DMyles33 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:02 am

Hello All,

For anyone still looking for a fix on Windows systems, I have the below instructions that I found on a Japanese site and prettied it up a bit (thank you google translate :D). I have version 1.5.0 working fine now on my Windows 10 workstation that has all the latest windows updates installed:

1. Make sure MODO DRUM is closed. Uninstall MODO DRUM 1.5.0.

2. If files remain in the below locations, delete them:

C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\ MODO DRUM
C:\Users \Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\MODO DRUM
%APPDATA%\IK Multimedia\MODODRUM

3. Install the previous version of MODO DRUM (1.1.3).

4. Install the latest version of MODO DRUM (1.5.0).

5. Open C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\MODO DRUM and create a new folder called "Kits"

6. Move the following three files to the created "Kits" folder:

ModoDrumData_000.pak
ModoDrumData_001.pak
ModoDrumData_002.pak

7. Start MODO DRUM and the error message will appear again. You can bypass it by clicking on an empty area in the error message window. Click the gear icon in the upper right and specify the the path below for the Sound Content Folder:

C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\MODO DRUM\Kits

That's it, MODO Drum will rescan your kits and work normally now.
DMyles33

Postby JamesSteele » Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:42 am

Here's what I did:

I just deleted the entire thing off my hard drive. I have several IK products, and I thought I'd try the free MODO Drum CS to see how it works, but honestly? Who needs this kind of hassle? I made the mistake of changing the content path in the plug-in to my external samples drive. That seemed to work, but then I was told I needed to download content and it sent me to Product Manager but nothing under sounds... so i guess it's in the factory content .pak that the app doesn't see no matter what I do. That's how I ended up finding this thread in the forum. I tried reinstalling a couple of times... didn't help. So I used "Find Any File" and simply deleted EVERYTHING having to do with MODO Drum. Maybe when I have some time to kill, I'll try and solve this problem. It shouldn't be this difficult.
JamesSteele

Postby cinistar83@gmail.com » Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:59 am

Running Widows version but ran into the same problem with the warning not giving any option but to exit the program. I found that if you click (possibly double click) the blank space in the prompt and it should get rid of the warning and allow you to stay inn the program. Now you can locate the Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins folder with the Modo plug-in to assign as your sound pak.
Still can't get the others to load yet but I assume I will need to add them to the same folder as the original.
cinistar83@gmail.com

Postby bobwah » Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:28 pm

+1
bobwah

Postby mikeguitar » Fri May 12, 2023 9:05 pm

I had the same issue, to fix it I just installed the package "Common Elements".
mikeguitar

Postby Ramosju4 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:17 pm

I thought this may others using Windows, not sure about MACS:

I also ran into the issue with missing content/PAKS. The IK multimedia download manager will automatically place installed drum PAKS at your default install location: i.e., C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\MODO DRUM

Resolved by moving the drum PAKS to a subfolder under the main MODO DRUM and changing the default library location resolved the issue of missing content:

STEPS:
(1) Close MODO DRUM app.

(2) Create subfolder under MODO DRUM installation called PAKS or whatever name your prefer:
----> C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\MODO DRUM\PAKS

(3) Move installed drum paks to the subfolder you created except for the three listed below: i.e., ----> C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\MODO DRUM\PAKS.
Note: Please don't move these three as app will crash if moved. Most be in same location as your MODO DRUM.exe:
-ModoDrum.pak
-ModoDrumConfig.pak
-ModoDrumFactoryContent.pak

(4) Open RegEdit and go to the key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IK Multimedia\MODODRUM. Locate the library path and click modify to change location: i.e., C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\MODO DRUM\PAKS. Close RegEdit.
(5) Open MODO DRUMS and all should be good.
Ramosju4

PreviousNext

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS