Modo Drum Factory sound content.pak file is missing

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Re: Modo Drum Factory sound content.pak file is missing

Postby smpiggy » Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:49 am

Same issue here, tried several methods but none worked.
I've installed 1.1.3 then 1.5.0, not worked.
I've edited the RegEdit to change the location, not worked.
I've copied the "ModoDrum.pak, ModoDrumConfig.pak and ModoDrumFactoryContent.pak" to C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\MODO DRUM\, not worked.
I think maybe if IK develop team can design a little tool to help us to set where the contents should be. Or we just waiting for a fix.
Anyway, I see everyone is providing great ideas to help, grateful!
smpiggy

Postby LaZeR300 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:58 am

@ Ramosju4 - dude YOU ARE A GENIUS... THANKS!! :!: :idea: :arrow:

Ramosju4 wrote:I thought this may others using Windows, not sure about MACS:

I also ran into the issue with missing content/PAKS. The IK multimedia download manager will automatically place installed drum PAKS at your default install location: i.e., C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\MODO DRUM

Resolved by moving the drum PAKS to a subfolder under the main MODO DRUM and changing the default library location resolved the issue of missing content:

STEPS:
(1) Close MODO DRUM app.

(2) Create subfolder under MODO DRUM installation called PAKS or whatever name your prefer:
----> C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\MODO DRUM\PAKS

(3) Move installed drum paks to the subfolder you created except for the three listed below: i.e., ----> C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\MODO DRUM\PAKS.
Note: Please don't move these three as app will crash if moved. Most be in same location as your MODO DRUM.exe:
-ModoDrum.pak
-ModoDrumConfig.pak
-ModoDrumFactoryContent.pak

(4) Open RegEdit and go to the key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IK Multimedia\MODODRUM. Locate the library path and click modify to change location: i.e., C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\MODO DRUM\PAKS. Close RegEdit.
(5) Open MODO DRUMS and all should be good.
LaZeR300

Postby Govixexe1 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:48 pm

Factory Sound content pak missing.(FIXED WINDOWS)
I've encountered an issue that appears to be quite common to many users lately. I downloaded Modo drums in the correct path and tried every possibility and yet it wont work/play because it tells me the factory sound content pak is missing. I bought the full version with all the kits and I just figured a way how it worked for me. For the installation I had to download modo drums into the C:/Users/Public/Public Documents/IK Multimedia. As you download it in there it automatically installs the corresponding files to C:/Program files/IK Multimedia. I still didn't have a single sound but then I started downloading the sounds (different kits) from the IK Multimedia Product Manager. I had to manually add every download to the right folder.

Now the path for the sound is: C:/Users/Public/Public Documents/IK Multimedia/MODO DRUM/MODO_DRUM_1_5_0
the "MODO_DRUM" folder might possibly not appear on other peoples devices, which is totally fine I guess because if I'm not mistaken, I created this folder myself, trying different paths.

I'm not sure if it will work with others but I hope this can help you if you too are encountering issues with Modo Drums.

note: I also had several issues with the IK Multimedia Product Manager but I eventually got to work with it. Often I would select items to download and nothing would happen but this was easily fixed by just restarting my laptop.
Govixexe1

Previous

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS