MODO Drums 1.5 no kits, Sounds download already expired

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

MODO Drums 1.5 no kits, Sounds download already expired

Postby kerdig » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:38 pm

Hi guys,

I saw the new 1.5 update, I did a clean install, now it only shows the basic Studio kit, but no sounds. I tried to point the sound content to the right folder, still not solved.
For the rest It says I need to download the sounds, but it has been expired, even though it was never an option to download the sounds separately.
Please suggest some solutions, otherwise I will buy the downloads reactivation card to downloads the sounds.

Thanks you in advance.
Kerdig
kerdig

Re: MODO Drums 1.5 no kits, Sounds download already expired

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:46 pm

You do not need to download anything from the Sounds tab. That is for any a la carte purchases to use in MODO DRUM 1.5 CS.

Please check out this FAQ which addresses your issue specifically https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1429
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kerdig » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:22 pm

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply, but as the link says The application installer will only include the Studio kit and an important file "MODO DRUM Common Elements.pak".
So I installed the new 1.5 to my specific folder( not the default one) and in the VST the SOunds tab pointing to it correctly, but still no kit available, not even the free Studio one.

PLease assist.
Thanks,
Ada,
kerdig

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:16 pm

In that case since the FAQ did not resolve your issue you will need to contact IK Support directly for official assistance via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw/
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kerdig » Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:50 pm

Hi Peter,

I reinstalled Windows, but the 1.5 installer only downloads the studio kit.
I understand I need to buy the Sounds download reactivation, but could you assist if there is a way to use all my Jam point for the purchase, I don't want to spend anything on it now.

Thank you,
kerdig

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:53 pm

kerdig wrote:Hi Peter,

I reinstalled Windows, but the 1.5 installer only downloads the studio kit.
I understand I need to buy the Sounds download reactivation, but could you assist if there is a way to use all my Jam point for the purchase, I don't want to spend anything on it now.

Thank you,

Again, if you already have 1.0 you do not need to buy a sound reactivation credit. If you've followed the steps in the FAQs and are still having an issue IK Support is available to assist you. Please open a ticket or reply to any existing ticket that you have open about the issue.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby AAlessandro » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:01 am

Hello Kerding, I am having the very same issue that you experienced. Did you contact the IK Multimedia support? Where you able to fix it?

Thank you in advance.
AAlessandro

Postby tomaeusd » Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:26 pm

I have the same issue - I've contacted support and waiting to hear back now. It's unfortunate that MODO Drums CS has replaced the original in the IK Multimedia Product Manager, and downloading from My Products on the website requires you to purchase a reactivation ticket.
tomaeusd

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:27 pm

You should see what versions you have under the appropriate tab.

Also see the FAQ above "MODO DRUM isn't seeing my sound content, what do I do?"
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tomaeusd » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:36 pm

I have read through the posted FAQ before contacting support and posting in this thread. I own the original MODO Drum and have the three data packs installed from before, but I now only have version 1.5.0 since updating from v1.1.3 and refreshing my computer recently. They do not load because I no longer have the old VST (the standalone loads all sets correctly) and 1.5 requires you to download sets piecemeal and the data packs are different. So unless I pay money I cannot use my old downloaded sets without the original VST plugin before 1.5 which now incorporates CS.

EDIT:
IK Product Manager says:
MODO DRUM
Registered on 2019-12-20

MODO DRUM CS
Registered On 2022-03-02

But Installed Version is 1.5.0 and there's no way to install a previous version which will allow me to use the downloaded ModoDrumData_000.pak, ModoDrumData_001.pak, and ModoDrumData_003.pak when pointing to that directory.
Last edited by tomaeusd on Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tomaeusd

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:40 pm

tomaeusd wrote:I have read through the posted FAQ before contacting support and posting in this thread. I own the original MODO Drum and have the three data packs installed from before, but I now only have version 1.5.0 since updating from v1.3 and refreshing my computer recently. They do not load because I no longer have the old VST (the standalone loads all sets correctly) and 1.5 requires you to download sets piecemeal and the data packs are different. So unless I pay money I cannot use my old downloaded sets without the original VST plugin before 1.5 which incorporates CS.

Not necessarily from what I know but you have an IK Support ticket open so you'll get an official answer and assistance soon which is great.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tomaeusd » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:43 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
tomaeusd wrote:I have read through the posted FAQ before contacting support and posting in this thread. I own the original MODO Drum and have the three data packs installed from before, but I now only have version 1.5.0 since updating from v1.3 and refreshing my computer recently. They do not load because I no longer have the old VST (the standalone loads all sets correctly) and 1.5 requires you to download sets piecemeal and the data packs are different. So unless I pay money I cannot use my old downloaded sets without the original VST plugin before 1.5 which incorporates CS.

Not necessarily from what I know but you have an IK Support ticket open so you'll get an official answer and assistance soon which is great.

Please see my edit/updated post above.
Thank you for looking into that!
tomaeusd

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:46 pm

No problem, I realized there was another FAQ I had in my head too but I review it https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1428 and I don't know if I'm interpreting it correctly either, I could have sworn the reactivation etc was specifically mentioned din these FAQs but I may be misremembering. That can happen at my age ;)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tomaeusd » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:06 pm

I heard back from Jason with support and he kindly unlocked the content on my user area and I was able to redownload version 1.1.3 (under My Products then Past Releases) to work with my originally downloaded sound content. Thanks Peter and Jason!
tomaeusd

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS