Q: MIDI Mapping in MODO DRUM

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Q: MIDI Mapping in MODO DRUM

Postby twilson74 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:41 pm

Does anyone know if any of the MIDI map presets in MODO drum correspond directly with the Logic Drummer mappings? I use Logic Drummer to create all my MIDI drum parts-- and if I could then effortlessly plug these MIDI drum regions into MODO Drum for the actual tones, it would be awesome.

Also when I look at Grooves I'm not finding any kind of filter to select for Swing or types or amount of. Having comprehensive menu filter options for straight time and types of swing would be great I think.
twilson74

Re: Q: MIDI Mapping in MODO DRUM

Postby geirlinnerud » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:33 pm

Old post, but I think this is still a relevant question.
Cubase uses Drum Maps in order for MIDI drums to work with several vendors. If you use EZDrummer from Toontrack or Session Drummer, you can get or make a keymap file you can re-use for your projects.

I read on this forum that MODO DRUM uses the General Midi map and Cubase comes with a keymap for that out of the box.

In the forementioned scenario you got two options: 1) Create a keymap that cross reference your source drum map (Logic Drummer) and your target (general midi), 2) Export or convert your source midi drums* into general midi before importing it into Cubase.

Best of luck!

*) I don't have Logic so I don't know if a drum track can be converted or exported to general midi natively.
geirlinnerud

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS