Question about Modo Drums. Thanks

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Question about Modo Drums. Thanks

Postby kmjk68 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:20 pm

Hi,
I just downloaded Modo Drums for the first time. I downloaded version 1.5 and I have a question about file size. The total size of the download is about 5.42 GB. I just want to make sure that is correct. The total file size written in the IKPM is way higher. A total of 22.1 GB. I downloaded Modo Drum a second time to make sure my files were not corrupt. I got the same 5.42 GB for all files(drum kits). Is this correct?

Do I have to download Modo Drum CS to get the free Studio kit? There is no way to download Modo Drum CS from my IKPM because it is not listed there.

Thank you.
Kevin
kmjk68

Re: Question about Modo Drums. Thanks

Postby kmjk68 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:22 pm

Hi,

I found the studio kit. Am I allowed to also download Modo Drum SE and get the 3 new kits? I have a free product available. Any info on my file size question would be appreciated.

Thanks again,
Kevin
kmjk68

Postby DarkStar » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:16 pm

To get those three kits you would need to buy MODO DRUM SE 1.5, at 149.99 (or MODO DRUM 1.5). Exactly which MODO DRUM product did you buy?

I do not know what you mean by "I have a free product available."
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby kmjk68 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:59 am

Hi,

I have a free product available because I purchased Irig HD 2 back in October. One of the free choices listed is Modo Drum SE. I got Modo Drum full version from the group buy. I downloaded version 1.5. I only have 10 kits.

Any info on my file size question? It does seems to be working fine though.

Thanks,
Kevin
kmjk68

Postby DarkStar » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:26 pm

OK. So you have MODO Drum SE (1.0) and MODO Drum (1.0). Then you download the free MODO Drum CS (1.5).

10 kits is correct. As I indicated above, the 3 new kits are available individually or if you buy MODO Drum SE 1.5 or MODO Drum 1.5 - you should qualify for the upgrade to that.

As for the file sizes - no idea (my system is too old for MODO Drum :)). As no other MODO Drum users have chipped in to help you, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support for a definitive answer.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Manike » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:51 pm

The file size is low because it's not reliant on samples other than for the cymbals.
Manike

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS