MODO Drum 1.5 macOS Catalina installation error

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

MODO Drum 1.5 macOS Catalina installation error

Postby FyffeYard » Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:20 am

Each time I have downloaded one of the MODO Drum 1.5 kits, when the Product Manager tries to install it, Mac OS comes up with a JavaScript 'uncaught exception' error message.

The only way to make the download process move on to the next kit is to quit the Product Manager, restart it and click Install (i.e. download) on the next kit.

I have slow broadband and this is really tedious, rather than being able to queue the kits and just leave the download/installation process to get on with all the downloading/installing itself.

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? (I've taken a screen grab of the error, but can't see how to attach it here)
FyffeYard

Re: MODO Drum 1.5 macOS Catalina installation error

Postby twilson74 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:04 pm

I just bought the upgrade for the new kits and ran into the same "uncaught error" message in Mojave.

Here's what I did to get around it. Get out of IK Product Manager and instead log into the IK Website and go to My Products. Go to where it lists your MODO Drums and then go to Sounds Download and download the kits in there (Select MACOS since you're on a MAC). This is a workaround I've had to do whenever I run into an installation problem like I also had with Syntronik 2 Max-- but it works really well. I think I might stop using IKPM altogether and install everything this way from now on.

The new kits sound really good. I gave up "finger drumming" on a keyboard a long time ago as a useful method for creating drum parts-- using Logic Drummer to populate drum tracks in a session is much easier and quicker for me. But in MODO drum, it does sound and feel so good that I have to say I can get lost in just banging out drum parts on a keyboard with MODO. It's just FUN. The "infinite round robin" makes the experience a lot more realistic too.
twilson74

Re: MODO Drum 1.5 macOS Catalina installation error

Postby FyffeYard » Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:41 pm

Thanks for your reply, that's really useful for future installations.

In the end I solved my own problem. For some reason the error came up when I disconnected a Thunderbolt drive - but oddly one that didn't have anything to do with the MODO Drum kits. Once I connected that drive again, the error went away and the kits installed themselves as normal.
FyffeYard

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS