Modo Drum upgrade price

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Re: Modo Drum upgrade price

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:37 am

Steve-xyz wrote:
Peter_IK wrote: . . . Peter verified that Group Buy choices of MODO DRUM 1.0 full qualify but note that SE would be a crossgrade . . . .

Is there some way to find out what the prices should be if someone upgrades from MODO DRUM 1.0 Full v. crossgrading from MODO DRUM 1.0 SE?

Also, would the Upgrade/Crossgrade prices be different if someone had CS MODO DRUM 1.5?

Thanks.

You can see all of the pricing when you click "Buy Now" on the MODO DRUM page, including the 79.99 upgrade from v1.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Winograd17 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:11 pm

There also seem to be problems for MODO DRUM SE 1.0 purchasers.

I have been downgraded from MODO DRUM SE 1.0 to the free version MODO DRUM CS 1.5.

There is no offer at any price to get MODO DRUM SE 1.5 (which is what I am interested in); just an offer to upgrade to MODO DRUM 1.5 for $199.

Is there any way to go from SE 1.0 to SE 1.5?
Winograd17

Postby DarkStar » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:12 pm

^^^
I doubt that you have been downgraded - you probably have MODO DRUM SE 1.0 and MODO DRUM CS 1.5. In the IK Product Manager, go to MODO DRUM and click on the [Products] tab to check.

As far as I know there is no upgrade or crossgrade to MODO DRUM SE 1.5, only the regular price of 149.99
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Winograd17 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:32 pm

DarkStar, you are correct that both products show in IK Product Manager. I am only able to install one at a time (i.e. 1.0 SE or 1.5 CS) but I can install either one. I also found that I can download and install the Jazzy kit in 1.5 CS without further purchase so it seems that I can use 1.5 CS without any loss of the features that I had in 1.0 SE.

But I would be interested in a cross grade price to the full 1.5 SE to get the 3 additional kits. Wouldn't a discount be reasonable since I already purchased SE?
Winograd17

Postby 9GoodTunes » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:02 pm

I have modo drum SE (1 guess) which should make me eligible for an upgrade/crossgrade page reading some of the posts...

But despite that, I also have registered the iRig Stomp I/O, Fender pack... which should also qualify as a crossgrade according to the upgrade/crossgrade page but that doesn't seem to be available through the checkout process. I have 199 only. I've emailed someone at IK through clicking various sales help pages/faqs...

Crossing fingers.
9GoodTunes

Postby anydmusic » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:00 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
h.van.duin wrote:Have the same problem and sent a ticket to support about this. Here's there reply:

Thanks for your patience while we got back to you.

It is because you redeemed MODO DRUM for free via the Group Buy Last year. Promotional software do not qualify for additional discounts.

Your final price is always reflected upon checkout.

Guess this means the upgrade price will be € 199,- excluding VAT then.

That is not correct. 79.99 is your upgrade price. Check on the IK site, you should have the option to choose the 79.99 upgrade version regardless of how you obtained MODO DRUM 1 via the Group Buy.

I just go the same reply

Looking into things here, it seems that the version of Modo Drum that you own was acquired through the 25th Anniversary promotion.
This is what is causing the issue you are experiencing here.

Products that were attained through a promotion, giveaway, or freebie do not meet the requirements for these upgrades.
Newer Versions and different packages are available upon eligibility.

All of your eligible upgrades and crossgrades can be found in your User Area under Crossgrade/Upgrade:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/eligibility/

More information on crossgrades and upgrade can be found here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1191
anydmusic

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:08 pm

Ticket number? That's not correct. Please check on the site again, you should see the 79.99 price available now.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby anydmusic » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:10 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Ticket number? That's not correct. Please check on the site again, you should see the 79.99 price available now.

IK WEBSITE REQUEST: Sales Pre Post [#1060535]
anydmusic

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:16 pm

anydmusic wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Ticket number? That's not correct. Please check on the site again, you should see the 79.99 price available now.

Did you also try again>? You should see the upgrade pricing.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby anydmusic » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:45 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
anydmusic wrote:

Thanks Peter

Not working yet but had a response to say this will be fixed.
anydmusic

Postby boogerfingerz » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:59 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
anydmusic wrote:

I just tried it again. It's still not working
boogerfingerz

Postby arqdelfino » Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:24 am

Can´t upgrade here
I got MODO Drum 1.0 full on 25th anniversary promotion

the response to my ticket was as follows:
IK Multimedia Support Team <ticket.web.es@ikmultimedia.com>
jue, 24 feb a las 18:16
Thanks for your patience while we got back to you.
That is because you redeemed MODO DRUM for free via the Group Buy Promotion last year. Promotional gear does not qualify for upgrade pricing.

my tiquet is:
Account Issues [#4895141]
Waiting fix
arqdelfino

Postby 9GoodTunes » Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:30 am

9GoodTunes wrote:I have modo drum SE (1 guess) which should make me eligible for an upgrade/crossgrade page reading some of the posts...

But despite that, I also have registered the iRig Stomp I/O, Fender pack... which should also qualify as a crossgrade according to the upgrade/crossgrade page but that doesn't seem to be available through the checkout process. I have 199 only. I've emailed someone at IK through clicking various sales help pages/faqs...

Crossing fingers.

I didn't see a reply on this...
When I go to:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/eligibilit ... R15-DDU-IN
It says:
You must be a registered user of one of the following products:
MODO DRUM SE (Download Only)
OK...go that.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/eligibilit ... R15-DDC-IN
It says:
You must be a registered user of one of the following products:
MODO DRUM SE (Download Only)
Fender Collection 2
iRig Stomp I/O

Those...
According to support:
IK WEBSITE REQUEST: Sales Pre Post [#8308934]
"Hello,

79.99 pricing is only available to previous users of MODO DRUM or Total Studio 3.5 MAX.

Regards,

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If you still have any question, interests, or concerns, please reply to this email and an agent will get back to you as soon as possible. Please make sure to reply to this email and do not open another support ticket.

IK Multimedia Tech Support Team
"
Replying back to them but this is sort of disheartening how it is literally on your site and they don't seem to be using a canned response and can't check the upgrade/crossgrade page.
9GoodTunes

Postby anydmusic » Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:25 am

Peter_IK wrote:
anydmusic wrote:

Purchased and downloading new kits - Thanks Peter
anydmusic

Postby arqdelfino » Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:54 pm

Solved for me
Thanks Peter and IK Team
arqdelfino

PreviousNext

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS